Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Upgrading SilverStripe /

Ask questions about upgrading SilverStripe to the latest version.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Upgraded to 2.4.0 - now CMS cannot display

Go to End

3 Posts   1464 Views

jseth

Community Member, 98 Posts

6 May 2010 at 12:46am

Edited: 06/05/2010 11:32pm

I upgraded to version 2.4.0 - removed my old sapphire, cms and googlesitemaps as directed in the instructions, replaced them with the new folders, and after I ran dev/build, my site comes up fine, but when I log into the cms, I get Page Cannot be displayed. When I put the old files back, all works fine. I've upgraded 2 times previously and this is the first time I've had a problem. Has anyone else had this problem?

I checked my error log, and have the following:

[error] File does not exist: /srv/www/htdocs/css, referrer: http://mysitename/admin

There is no /srv/www/htdocs/css, so I see why it can't find it. When I put back the cms, sapphire and googlesitemaps from 2.3.7, dev/build again, it works.

Lip

Community Member, 2 Posts

31 May 2010 at 5:17am

Hi,
I have exactly the same problem, did you find the solution?

jseth

Community Member, 98 Posts

2 June 2010 at 3:40am

Hi Lip,
Actually, no. As you can see, no one else answered me. I reverted back to 2.3.7 and when I have time I will build a new site with 2.4.0. I think it probably had something to do with old modules that weren't up graded yet, don't know, but I don't have time to play around with it now. I see alot more issues appear to be popping up, and I'm not at the level where I can even understand half of what is being said as far as suggestions for resolution, so I'm just staying at the previous version for now. Which is too bad because 2.4 looks like it has some great features.