Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Upgrading SilverStripe /

Ask questions about upgrading SilverStripe to the latest version.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

userdefinedform on 2.4 stable

Go to End

15 Posts   5004 Views

webtonic

Community Member, 26 Posts

21 May 2010 at 9:43pm

All above done. New UDF has worked, thanks - will recreate forms. The problem looked like it could not remember what the page type was..

Web Designer Perth

Community Member, 49 Posts

27 May 2010 at 11:24pm

Edited: 29/05/2010 6:20pm

Really looking forward to a stable userforms - tried the trunk of May 24 (#105471) as suggested above.

It installed fine, started building a form (simple text fields), went to set a rule then got oddly formed page (like no css) hit 'back' then got Memory Exceeded error (memory in this case is set to 128M). Sorry I don't have the exact error wording although it was related to userforms.

Client is desp' to go live.

Any idea of timing?

[edit] Tried again. Got the trunk installed, built a contact form, tested and working frontend, back in admin, went to upload an image, tried to return to contact form and got his error:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 491520 bytes) in /tmp/silverstripe-cache-home-marutish-public_html/.cache.home.marutish.public_html.userforms.templates.EditableFormField.ss on line 639

Does it make sense to anybody? Would really appreciate help on this.

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

29 May 2010 at 7:36pm

Web Designer Perth: sounds like your server only has 32mb of php memory. You should run SS with at least 64mb (well 48mb is the official one but even that is on the low side).

Web Designer Perth

29 May 2010 at 7:41pm

Have just confirmed memory_limit is 128M.

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

29 May 2010 at 7:47pm

Edited: 29/05/2010 8:00pm

How have you changed it / checked it? Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 491520 bytes) makes it pretty clear that at least for SilverStripe it can only use 32mb.

Web Designer Perth

29 May 2010 at 7:56pm

I know what you're saying.

Changed via php.ini (in root) - checked via info.php.

To carry on working, I cleared browser cache and cookies and logged back in.

So far so good and the form (front end) appears to be functioning.

BTW - thanks for you help. Much appreciated.

Flaex

Community Member, 4 Posts

16 March 2012 at 3:33am

I worked with SS and its modules for a couple of years and they always run cool and smooth, yesterday for the first time i had the memory fatal error. Thankfully, there's a community who always want to help with advices and knowledge.

Thank you guys, we're improving the best CMS ever created!

Go to Top