Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Upgrading SilverStripe /

Ask questions about upgrading SilverStripe to the latest version.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

2.2.2 Upgrade to 2.4.7

Go to End

7 Posts   1892 Views

Kiwipearls

Community Member, 34 Posts

5 April 2012 at 2:31pm

I have 2.4.7 installed on my test server with working modules.

Live server was running silver stripe 2.2.2 and I upgraded everything to 2.4.7. I followed silver stripes upgrade instructions.

Everything appears to have gone right. Normal pages look fine, save fine, can be edited fine..

Except...

Ecommerce module, when adding images to product group pages - it will not save the page.

In Files and Images I cannot look for new files.

It is not detecting some folders in the file manager that are in the assets directory. Especially when it comes to re-sampled images.

When I check for errors in Google chrome I get:

http://www.breeartze.co.nz/admin/EditorToolbar/ImageForm?action_callfieldmethod=1&fieldName=FolderImages&ajax=1&methodName=getimages&folderID=&searchText=&cacheKillerDate=1333592570891&cacheKillerRand=6605Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500 (Internal Server Error)
Refused to set unsafe header "Connection"
2event.layerX and event.layerY are broken and deprecated in WebKit. They will be removed from the engine in the near future.
http://www.breeartze.co.nz/admin/EditFormFailed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500 (Internal Server Error)
2Refused to set unsafe header "Connection"
2event.layerX and event.layerY are broken and deprecated in WebKit. They will be removed from the engine in the near future.
http://www.breeartze.co.nz/admin/EditFormFailed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500 (Internal Server Error)

I have absolutely no idea what this means or how to fix this. I really do hope someone has a solution.

My only other option is to delete the whole DB and reinstall fresh - then enter in my pages and products all over again. Surely there must be a way that is easier and better?

I've upgraded this website for a friend, and currently have had to put their site into construction mode while I figure out how what to do. This is a live business so I don't want it to be in construction mode for too long.

I very eagerly look forward to someone's assistance on this.

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

5 April 2012 at 10:48pm

That error message is a lot of smoke and really you just want to get down to the fire. (Internal Server Error) indicates that you're running in live mode, swap the site to dev mode (or look at your php error logs) and you'll get a actual error message.

2.2 -> 2.4 is a significant upgrade (roughly 2 years) so make sure all the modules you have are up to date as well.

You shouldn't update any live site directly for this reason. Download the live db / assets to your computer and setup a dev version to fix any bugs.

Kiwipearls

6 April 2012 at 9:22am

Hi Willr

Thanks so much for your reply.

I had 2.4.7 and all modules on a test server (online)- then when that looked sweet and functioned, upgraded the live server to 2.4.7 from 2.2.2 replacing all modules.

this test server was just testing the theme and modules not the whole database...so maybe if I imported the DB I would not have had this problem?

I will put it in dev mode after the long weekend or when I get a free moment to see what errors it is spitting out exactly - if I look in the right place.

I don't know how to run a developer site on my computer which is why I set it up on my test domain online. I am thinking I got in over my head, but I suppose sometimes you don't learn if not thrown in the deepend.

Kiwipearls

9 April 2012 at 9:28am

Ok I found my error logs and it is gobbly gook to me, but I know for someone out there it makes perfect sense.

I thank you in advance for going through the file - I've taken it from the day I upgraded, but there were many errors even before I touched anything.

I tried putting the site in to dev mode - but didn't know where to look for errors.

I also have to wait for my neighbour to come back from holiday because I need access to her webhosts control panel as some files in assets do not have the right file permissions and I get CMOD errors with my ftp client.

Attached Files
Willr

9 April 2012 at 9:54am

Going through that a couple things pop up

- PHP Notice: DataObjectDecorator::extraDBFields() is deprecated. Please use extraStatics() instead

That would indicate that one of your modules is out of date with 2.4.7. You will need to update that module

-PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted

Your host is running out of memory (32mb). SilverStripe recommends 48mb at least to run, I suggest for an average medium site if you're dealing with large images (say a gallery) you'll need more around 128mb.

Kiwipearls

9 April 2012 at 10:57am

Hi there,

Thanks for looking for me.

All modules were working fine with 2.4.7 on the test server and all other modules that were not needed were deleted. ie they had JSparty.

I upgraded my test server from 2.4.6 to 2.4.7 to test them all out beforehand - so that is confusing. And I just checked my servers erro log and the log file is 0Bytes.

I guess what I will do is a clean install and cut n paste data back in. That is the only way I can think of with my experience level being new to SilverStripe to get the site looking and performing exactly as my server.

I will get her to contact her webhosts for me tomorrow..or offer her webhosting with my hosting company. As that would also make things a lot easier.

Willr

9 April 2012 at 8:42pm

Another solution is to look for the string (using 'Find in project' or whatever you have in your text editor) for 'extraDBFields'. That will point out which one of your modules is out of date.