Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Upgrading SilverStripe /

Ask questions about upgrading SilverStripe to the latest version.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Upgrade to 2.3.0, TinyMCE button images don't appear

Go to End

15 Posts   4713 Views

Harley

Community Member, 165 Posts

16 June 2009 at 11:11pm

I have done exactly that, twice. Same problem occurs, and what's more I have uploaded silverstripe to another domain on my reseller account and the same happened there too.

I have even tried to delete the images, then re-upload under and different name and then rename them back to the original name but still to no avail.

Really wierd problem, I am almost sure this must be something to do with my server rather than silverstripe but just don't know what to do about it. I have contacted my provider and will await to see what they say.

Thanks

alirobe

Community Member, 35 Posts

17 June 2009 at 12:11am

Harley,

Which browser are you using? Have you tried different ones?

Harley

17 June 2009 at 12:29am

Tried it in IE6, IE7, Firfox and Opera. Also tried on a different machine.

I have contacted my provider and they advised that maybe something has changed in the ftp settings which means rather than detecting the prefered method for uploading to the server, it has chosen something unorthodox, ie something that is not ascii or binary.

I'll have to recheck when I get in tonight, although I haven't changed anything myself.

alirobe

17 June 2009 at 12:32am

One possibility would be to upload the compressed file and decompress it on the server using your provider's control panel/file manager. Not all hosting providers give you this option, but if you have either CPanel or SSH access you should be able to do it.

Harley

17 June 2009 at 3:19am

Thanks for the advice, I'll try that out and let you know the outcome

Regards

Harley

alirobe

20 June 2009 at 1:18am

Any luck? Interested to know if you're able to get it working.

Harley

20 June 2009 at 9:41am

Hi,

Yeah got it all working fine now. The problem was simple, I feel a bit stupid actually. Basically on my ftp client for some reason the settings had changed, it was a case of making the ftp client auto detect the prefered upload method of the server, for images to upload correctly it must be in binary or ascii code.

No idea how that happened, pretty wierd but glad I got it sorted out.

thanks for all the advice

Regards

Harley

Go to Top