Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Upgrading SilverStripe /

Ask questions about upgrading SilverStripe to the latest version.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

No link/image buttons in tinymce in SS2.3.3

Go to End

2 Posts   3254 Views

NickJacobs

Community Member, 148 Posts

5 August 2009 at 2:09pm

Ok, so it seems the link and image buttons (and a few others) have moved from the toolbar to a right click context menu in the latest version of SS. This is great for windows users, but a pain in the butt for Mac users....especially those who don't have new 2 button mice.....

How can I reinstate the buttons to the tinymce toolbar???

bummzack

Community Member, 904 Posts

5 August 2009 at 6:31pm

Edited: 05/08/2009 6:34pm

Hi
You can customize the TinyMCE buttons using the HtmlEditorConfig class. To add image and link buttons, add the following to mysite/_config.php

HtmlEditorConfig::get('cms')->addButtonsToLine(1, 'ssimage', 'sslink', 'unlink');

You can also completely customize the buttons in the editor, by using ->setButtonsForLine( <lineNr>, <buttonA>, <buttonB>, ...);. For more information, I suggest you have a look at the HtmlEditorConfig class (sapphire/forms/HtmlEditorConfig.php)

An overview of the available TinyMCE controls can be found here: http://wiki.moxiecode.com/index.php/TinyMCE:Control_reference
Above I added 'ssimage' and 'sslink' (instead of 'image' and 'link') which are SilverStripe specific extensions. Sadly, I don't know where and if these are documented.