Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Widgets /

Discuss SilverStripe Widgets.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Creatig a video widget for silverstripe 2.3.7

Go to End

4 Posts   3011 Views

Gemmelai

Community Member, 3 Posts

22 August 2012 at 1:08am

Hi

Please novice need some help creating a video widget. I need to get jwplayer code to work so that i can display video in all devices.

Iam using this code:http://www.longtailvideo.com/blog/15827/using-the-jw-embedder-to-embed-your-player

I think the communication between the php class and the ss file is wrong but don't exactly know where i'm going wrong, any help much appreciated

Thanks Gemmelai

Attached Files
swaiba

Forum Moderator, 1899 Posts

22 August 2012 at 5:19am

Suppose I was to help - which one should I look at 1 or 2?

debtfreeslave

Community Member, 13 Posts

22 August 2012 at 6:26am

As I said i'm a novice. I created these by looking at examples but i just know that they aren't communicating properly. I did create a widget that works great i'll attach it here for anyone who might use it it's for this software http://www.learnpipe.ie/

But i'm completely stuck with this one. So any help at all would be fantastic

Thanks in advance
Gemma

Attached Files
debtfreeslave

Community Member, 13 Posts

7 August 2013 at 11:44pm

Hi Could someone please help with this i am now using jwplayer 6.5 and SS 2.3.7 and still have had no help/answer anything. I am simply trying to use jwplayer with SS 2.3.7. I will have to suggest another CMS if the support is so bad I have search the internet and this site and nothing really answer my question for my version of SilverStripe it's a shame because I really like SS and enjoy using it and learning about it. I know that this problem will not be present when we upgrade but that probably won't happen any time soon

Please help.
:-) Gem