Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Widgets /

Discuss SilverStripe Widgets.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Widgets Tab missing for Blog in SS3.1

Go to End

10 Posts   8322 Views

vwd

Community Member, 166 Posts

30 October 2013 at 8:18am

Hi,

Since migrating to SS3.1, I can't see my widgets tab in the blog holder page anymore.

I use composer to update all modules, and so should have all the latest modules, framework & CMS:

{
	"name": "silverstripe/installer",
	"description": "The SilverStripe Framework Installer",
	"require": {
		"php": ">=5.3.2",
		"silverstripe/cms": "3.1.*@dev",
		"silverstripe/framework": "3.1.*@dev",
		"silverstripe-themes/simple": "*",
        "silverstripe/userforms": "dev-master",
        "silverstripe/blog": "dev-master",
        "silverstripe/widgets": "dev-master",
        "undefinedoffset/sortablegridfield": "dev-master",
        "silverstripe/googlesitemaps": "dev-master"
	},
	"require-dev": {
		"silverstripe/docsviewer": "*"
	},
	"minimum-stability": "dev"
}

Any idea why I can't see the Widgets tab please? When building a SS3.0 site, all that needed to be done was to have both modules installed, dev/build?flush=all, add a blog holder and voilá the Widgets tab was there. Are there any special steps involved in getting Widgets working with the blog (and the Widget tab visible) with SS3.1?

Thanks.
VWD.

vwd

30 October 2013 at 8:58am

Looks like it is necessary to explicitly add the widget extension to BlogHolder… Is this a bug or deliberate?

:::yml
BlogHolder:
  extensions:
    - WidgetPageExtension

VWD

vxd

Community Member, 19 Posts

13 November 2013 at 2:49pm

HI vwd,

Where did you add the below?

:::yml
BlogHolder:
extensions:
- WidgetPageExtension

vwd

13 November 2013 at 7:40pm

Edited: 13/11/2013 8:03pm

Hi VXD,

I put that config code in: /mysite/_config/sitewide.yml. That's where I put all my config code and module config overrides.

If you want to add the widget area to holder pages also, here's the code:

---
Name: widgetblogholderextension
After:
  - '#blog'
---
BlogHolder:
	extensions:
		- WidgetPageExtension
BlogEntry:
	extensions:
		- WidgetPageExtension   

Hope that helps.

Kind regards,
VWD.

vxd

Community Member, 19 Posts

14 November 2013 at 1:47pm

Awesome stuff. Thanks that worked.

I upgraded from version 3 to 3.1 so I had to create the _config folder. is there anything else I needed to do?

I'm assuming it picks it up automatically.

vwd

14 November 2013 at 6:32pm

That's great. Yes it should pick it up automatically. Great you got it working.

VWD.

Nachos

Community Member, 22 Posts

21 June 2014 at 1:54am

Hello,

I installed a fresh 3.1.5 and the latest widgets and blog modules. The widgets tab is missing and the blog entries also don't show in the blog holder. I tried to create a sitewide.yml file with the given code but that didn't help. It's kind of discouraging that the blog and the widgets modules don't work out of the box. I would be very grateful for any help to fixing this problems - thanks!

Nacho

Community Member, 1 Post

13 November 2014 at 1:21am

Edited: 13/11/2014 1:28am

Sorry to bother again - could anyone help?
When I add a sitewide.yml file and run dev/build I get this error:

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'InvalidArgumentException' with message 'Unable to parse line 5 (--- ).' in D:\KI-WEB\framework\thirdparty\zend_translate_railsyaml\library\Translate\Adapter\thirdparty\sfYaml\lib\sfYamlParser.php:265 Stack trace: #0 D:\KI-WEB\framework\core\manifest\ConfigManifest.php(275): sfYamlParser->parse('--- ?Name: widg...') #1 [internal function]: SS_ConfigManifest->addYAMLConfigFile('sitewide.yml', 'D:\KI-WEB/mysit...', 2) #2 D:\KI-WEB\framework\filesystem\FileFinder.php(158): call_user_func(Array, 'sitewide.yml', 'D:\KI-WEB/mysit...', 2) #3 D:\KI-WEB\framework\core\manifest\ConfigManifest.php(215): SS_FileFinder->find('D:\KI-WEB') #4 D:\KI-WEB\framework\core\manifest\ConfigManifest.php(103): SS_ConfigManifest->regenerate(false) #5 D:\KI-WEB\framework\core\Core.php(119): SS_ConfigManifest->__construct('D:\KI-WEB', false, true) #6 D:\KI-WEB\framework\main.php(122): require_once('D:\KI-WEB\frame...') #7 [internal function]: {closure}(Object(ErrorControlChain)) #8 D:\KI-WEB\framework\core\startup\Err in D:\KI-WEB\framework\thirdparty\zend_translate_railsyaml\library\Translate\Adapter\thirdparty\sfYaml\lib\sfYamlParser.php on line 265

Would be very grateful for help - thanks!

Go to Top