Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Widgets /

Discuss SilverStripe Widgets.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Gallery widget 0.1 vs SilverStripe 2.3.1

Go to End

5 Posts   2790 Views

Tempesta

Community Member, 8 Posts

16 April 2009 at 12:37am

Hello. I just installed the gallery widget - http://silverstripe.org/Gallery-Widgets/ - successfully. I added a latest gallery widget which displays the latest galleries successfully, but when I tried to add a latest pictures widget I got an error when loading the page:

Website Error
There has been an error

The website server has not been able to respond to your request.

I suspect this has to do with the latest version of SS doesn't work with the gallery widget? Is there a quick fix for this?

Tempesta

17 April 2009 at 6:33am

Ok, I'm at work and I'm keeping this on hold, can anyone confirm that this is a known bug? And that Silverstripe 2.3.1 does not work properly with the gallery_widget 0.1 (the "latest pictures" that is) if so, I have to look into making one myself, and I don't want to waste time if nobody else has this problem (thus it being something I've done wrong) or if there is a simple workaround.

Thanks Tempesta =)

gakenny

Community Member, 153 Posts

17 April 2009 at 12:35pm

Hi Tempesta,

There is an issue with this module and SS 2.3.1 on Linux servers. I believe that this is related to case in the code. Can you post the error message you get and I will look up the solution in the Bug Tracker.

Cheers,

Gary

Tempesta

18 April 2009 at 1:10am

Thanks for your reply :)

her is the error:

Line 394 in /home/markedsf/public_html/sapphire/core/model/MySQLDatabase.php
Source

385 }
387 function databaseError($msg, $errorLevel = E_USER_ERROR) {
388 // try to extract and format query
389 if(preg_match('/Couldn\'t run query: ([^\|]*)\|\s*(.*)/', $msg, $matches)) {
390 $formatter = new SQLFormatter();
391 $msg = "Couldn't run query: \n" . $formatter->formatPlain($matches[1]) . "\n\n" . $matches[2];
392 }
394 user_error($msg, $errorLevel);
395 }
396 }
398 /**
399 * A result-set from a MySQL database.
400 * @package sapphire

Trace

* Couldn't run query: SELECT f.`ID`, f.`Filename`, f.`Name`, f.`Title`, s.`URLSegment` FROM `gallerypage_live` g LEFT JOIN `sitetree_live` s ON g.`ID` = s.`ID` LEFT JOIN `file` f ON f.`ParentID` = g.`FolderID` WHERE f.`ClassName` = 'Image' ORDER BY f.`Created` DESC LIMIT 0,1; Table 'markedsf_mf.gallerypage_live' doesn't exist
Line 394 of MySQLDatabase.php
* MySQLDatabase->databaseError(Couldn't run query: SELECT f.`ID`, f.`Filename`, f.`Name`, f.`Title`, s.`URLSegment` FROM `gallerypage_live` g LEFT JOIN `sitetree_live` s ON g.`ID` = s.`ID` LEFT JOIN `file` f ON f.`ParentID` = g.`FolderID` WHERE f.`ClassName` = 'Image' ORDER BY f.`Created` DESC LIMIT 0,1; | Table 'markedsf_mf.gallerypage_live' doesn't exist,256)
Line 102 of MySQLDatabase.php
* MySQLDatabase->query(SELECT f.`ID`, f.`Filename`, f.`Name`, f.`Title`, s.`URLSegment` FROM `gallerypage_live` g LEFT JOIN `sitetree_live` s ON g.`ID` = s.`ID` LEFT JOIN `file` f ON f.`ParentID` = g.`FolderID` WHERE f.`ClassName` = 'Image' ORDER BY f.`Created` DESC LIMIT 0,1;,256)
Line 104 of DB.php
* DB::query(SELECT f.`ID`, f.`Filename`, f.`Name`, f.`Title`, s.`URLSegment` FROM `gallerypage_live` g LEFT JOIN `sitetree_live` s ON g.`ID` = s.`ID` LEFT JOIN `file` f ON f.`ParentID` = g.`FolderID` WHERE f.`ClassName` = 'Image' ORDER BY f.`Created` DESC LIMIT 0,1;)
Line 46 of LatestPicturesWidget.php
* LatestPicturesWidget->Pictures()
* call_user_func_array(Array,Array)
Line 319 of ViewableData.php
* ViewableData->obj(Pictures)
Line 6 of .cache.home.markedsf.public_html.widgets_gallery.LatestPicturesWidget.ss
* include(/home/markedsf/public_html/silverstripe-cache/.cache.home.markedsf.public_html.widgets_gallery.LatestPicturesWidget.ss)
Line 350 of SSViewer.php
* SSViewer->process(LatestPicturesWidget)
Line 774 of ViewableData.php
* ViewableData->renderWith(LatestPicturesWidget)
Line 37 of Widget.php
* Widget->Content()
Line 409 of ViewableData.php
* ViewableData->XML_val(Content,,1)
Line 11 of .cache.home.markedsf.public_html.themes.mf_blog.templates.WidgetHolder.ss
* include(/home/markedsf/public_html/silverstripe-cache/.cache.home.markedsf.public_html.themes.mf_blog.templates.WidgetHolder.ss)
Line 350 of SSViewer.php
* SSViewer->process(LatestPicturesWidget)
* ViewableData->renderWith(WidgetHolder)
Line 33 of Widget.php
* Widget->WidgetHolder()
Line 409 of ViewableData.php
* ViewableData->XML_val(WidgetHolder,,1)
Line 10 of .cache.home.markedsf.public_html.sapphire.templates.WidgetArea.ss
* include(/home/markedsf/public_html/silverstripe-cache/.cache.home.markedsf.public_html.sapphire.templates.WidgetArea.ss)
Line 350 of SSViewer.php
* SSViewer->process(WidgetArea)
* ViewableData->renderWith(WidgetArea)
Line 22 of WidgetArea.php
* WidgetArea->forTemplate()
Line 425 of ViewableData.php
* ViewableData->XML_val(SideBar,,1)
Line 8 of .cache.home.markedsf.public_html.blog.templates.Layout.BlogHolder.ss
* include(/home/markedsf/public_html/silverstripe-cache/.cache.home.markedsf.public_html.blog.templates.Layout.BlogHolder.ss)
Line 350 of SSViewer.php
* SSViewer->process(BlogHolder_Controller)
Line 342 of SSViewer.php
* SSViewer->process(BlogHolder_Controller)
Line 175 of Controller.php
* Controller->handleAction(HTTPRequest)
Line 107 of RequestHandler.php
* RequestHandler->handleRequest(HTTPRequest)
Line 122 of Controller.php
* Controller->handleRequest(HTTPRequest)
Line 19 of ModelAsController.php
* ModelAsController->handleRequest(HTTPRequest)
Line 27 of RootURLController.php
* RootURLController->handleRequest(HTTPRequest)
Line 262 of Director.php
* Director::handleRequest(HTTPRequest,Session)
Line 106 of Director.php
* Director::direct()
Line 115 of main.php

gakenny

Community Member, 153 Posts

28 April 2009 at 8:37pm

Hello,

Sorry for the slow reply - I forgot to subscribe to this thread and did't see your post.

I can see that the error does *appear* to be the issue I thought. Unfortunately, I cannot connect to open.silverstripe.org to dig out the patch. However, try modifying line 46 of the LatestPicturesWidget.php and change to the following:
$pictures = DB::query("SELECT f.`ID`, f.`Filename`, f.`Name`, f.`Title`, s.`URLSegment` FROM `GalleryPage_Live` g LEFT JOIN `SiteTree_Live` s ON g.`ID` = s.`ID` LEFT JOIN `File` f ON f.`ParentID` = g.`FolderID` WHERE f.`ClassName` = 'Image' ORDER BY f.`Created` DESC LIMIT 0,$nrtoshow;");

This will ensure that the tablenames are in the correct case.

Let me know how you get along.

Cheers,

Gary