Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Widgets /

Discuss SilverStripe Widgets.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Checkboxes in widget don't save their checked values

Go to End

12 Posts   9037 Views

eternalcheesecake

Community Member, 5 Posts

13 January 2011 at 9:39pm

Hi Artyom, I was having the same issue with CheckboxField's and HTMLEditorField's on widget editors on SS 2.4.4, and I was really hoping your fix would do the trick. So I applied your patch from ticket 6288. It doesn't work for me because the patched code now throws this:

[User Error] Uncaught Exception: Object->__call(): the method 'setcmsform' does not exist on 'Widget_LatestBlogPosts'

The relevant code from the patched file: cms/code/WidgetAreaEditor.php line 52:

foreach($widgets as $widget) {
			$widget->setCMSForm($this->form);     // <-- ????
		}

Doing a search, there is no setCMSForm() function or CMSForm property anywhere in the entire SS 2.4.4 install. Where does setCMSForm() exist for you?

eternalcheesecake

Community Member, 5 Posts

13 January 2011 at 10:03pm

Hi FungshuiElephant, I realize you wrote your fix over a year ago, but I applied your code to Widget.php to a fresh SS 2.4.4 install and the issue still remains--CheckboxField's still do not save their state properly.

maksfeltrin

Community Member, 6 Posts

21 July 2012 at 1:57am

Edited: 25/07/2012 10:47am

A simple solution would be to override Widget Class or Decorated it. You just need to override populateFromPostData() method and set to "0" the Boolean fields that are not passed in $_POST because unchecked. Using onBeforeWrite has the same effect.

function populateFromPostData($data)
{

foreach (DataObject::database_fields($this->class) as $name=>$type) {
		if ( (strpos($type, 'Boolean')!==false) and !isset($data[$name])) {
			$data[$name] = 0;
		}
	}

parent::populateFromPostData($data);
}

Jeramie

Community Member, 34 Posts

2 December 2012 at 3:32am

I just came across this post again when working on a clients older site and it saved my butt yet again. Just saying thanks! The fix that FungshuiElephant posted works for SS 2.3.13 as well.

Go to Top