SilverStripe v2.3.0 release candidate 1 is now available
SilverStripe v2.3.0 is nearly here! The first release candidate has been announced, and we expect that a stable version of 2.3.0 will be available in the next few weeks.
We are very excited about this release; here are a few of the improvements that it provides:
- ModelAdmin: a mechanism for easily creating administration UIs for any data set that you can dream up.
- Out of the box RESTful and SOAP APIs for your site's content and data.
- An upgrade to TinyMCE 3.2 to provide much improved content editing. For example, the editor now has a built-in spell-checker.
- Hundreds of automated tests to help keep the product stable as we work on it.
- Better security settings for deciding who can view and edit pages on your site.
- Improvements to internationalisation of the CMS.
See the full changelog here
How can you help?
We need testers to download and install the release candidate, and file bug reports. Testing your existing sites against the release candidate is the best way of ensuring that you will be able to upgrade to the new version.