17452 Posts in 4473 Topics by 1971 members
|Go to End|
10 December 2008 at 4:31am Last edited: 10 December 2008 4:32am
I've built my site in one language. Default english...
Now i want to add a second language user can choose in order to view my site.
So i've enabled i18n and run db build. Then i tried run [mysite]/i18n/textcollector/ but "page not found" error. Anyway in the backend, translation tab is present now...
so i added a new translation in my page and all seems to go in the right way except for fields that i added in extension to the default page class. For fixing this, i added
static $extensions = array("Translatable('myExtendedField')");
in my class description and now, when i flush my admin section, the server cannot answer me.
What can i do for making this useful feature work correctly?
10 December 2008 at 4:35am
sometimes you can use my plugin I coded up,
you may find it much easier to use it
10 December 2008 at 4:41am
I would like to use a method that will support more than two language...
anyway your seems a very nice job.
10 December 2008 at 4:44am
in that case it will be easy for you to add more database fields to the page type.
it is easy to update the script, there are some if conditions which render the correct content to the screen.
if you do any updates I would like to hear about that.
10 December 2008 at 4:56am
Maybe I'll do it... In that case I'll post, don't worry.
About my problem, i forgot to tell that after the whole process i can see all new tables in the db named *_lang so I think that in part this feature is working.
10 December 2008 at 5:15am
|Go to Top|