Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, simon_w

ecommerce error

Go to End

13 Posts   34866 Views

sea4

Community Member, 1 Post

10 March 2008 at 6:17am

Hi,

when i first installed the commerce module, i had the country change error. I've upgraded the module from from the latest svn. That solved that issue, but now i am getting this error below, and can't find a soution.. can any one point me in the right direction??

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '>' in /home/sensitiv/sstmp/.cache.home.sensitiv.public_html.ecommerce.templates.email.Order_receiptEmail.ss on line 639

bica

Community Member, 3 Posts

29 March 2008 at 8:23pm

hi, when i order products, click button "Place order and make payment" then error. Plaese, help me fix this error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '>' in C:\Documents and Settings\admin\Local Settings\Temp\silverstripe-cacheD--xampp-htdocs-silverstripe1\.cacheD..xampp.htdocs.silverstripe1.ecommerce.templates.email.Order_receiptEmail.ss on line 639

JonathanParker

Community Member, 37 Posts

30 March 2008 at 5:54pm

I also have this same error. I'm posting just so I can be kept informed of developments.
I'll be looking at this problem today & hopefully find the solution. It appears that there is a syntax error within the template files. I did have a quick look at it last week and got as far as isolating it to one of the <% includes %> 'product info' I think.

If anybody else beats me to the solution (Please!!) then please post it.

Jonathan

Delphinus

Community Member, 22 Posts

5 April 2008 at 7:46pm

Did you make any progress Jonathan?

Note: This error also occurs with the cart on http://demo.silverstripe.com/

JonathanParker

5 April 2008 at 10:18pm

I have had a word with the core development team. I have agreed to make a donation to subsidize some of the development time needed to produce a stable e-commerce module. This work is expected to begin within 2-3 weeks and potentially give an output within a further 4 - 6 weeks. I suggest that we all just be patient and help where we can. So if the e-commerce module is important to your plans then why not offer a little money to go towards what I and others have offered to get this sorted. I am sure that any other technical 'clues' / observations etc will also help. Any fixes that you may have developed yourself, partially working etc. Lets throw everything in the community pot and get this sorted.

I think that the majority will agree, that an easy to install plug in e-commerce module with a functionality equivalent to other e-commerce systems out there will accelerate the uptake of SS. As this is the type of development that the 'community' wants, then as a community lets all work together and do what we can to spread the SS message.

I will keep this thread updated.

Jonathan

Delphinus

5 April 2008 at 10:50pm

That sounds reasonable to me. Anyone in particular to contact so I can help donate?

JonathanParker

5 April 2008 at 11:43pm

Contact Siggy via sigurd@silverstripe.com I'm sure he'll be only to happy to hear from you.

Jonathan

Delphinus

6 April 2008 at 9:02pm

For what its worth...

Using build from Trunk.
Removing <% include OrderInformation %> from line 150 of ecommerce/templates/email/Order_receiptEmail.ss stops the error, but of course you get no order information in the email.
What does the above line actually do?

Replacing the folders ecommerce/templates/email and /Includes from the 0.5.1 build makes the order complete. But the Successpage only shows the cart again. Should show a page saying order complete.

I couldn't work out which file it actually was causing the error, replacing them one by one didn't fix it. (Should I be flushing each time?) (Is there a way to disable the cache?)

I also went along and counted every < in all of the 13 files, and then counted the >'s and they match... (Was worth a try :P )

Go to Top