Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

ecommerce error

Go to End

13 Posts   36458 Views

sea4

Community Member, 1 Post

10 March 2008 at 6:17am

Hi,

when i first installed the commerce module, i had the country change error. I've upgraded the module from from the latest svn. That solved that issue, but now i am getting this error below, and can't find a soution.. can any one point me in the right direction??

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '>' in /home/sensitiv/sstmp/.cache.home.sensitiv.public_html.ecommerce.templates.email.Order_receiptEmail.ss on line 639

bica

Community Member, 3 Posts

29 March 2008 at 8:23pm

hi, when i order products, click button "Place order and make payment" then error. Plaese, help me fix this error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '>' in C:\Documents and Settings\admin\Local Settings\Temp\silverstripe-cacheD--xampp-htdocs-silverstripe1\.cacheD..xampp.htdocs.silverstripe1.ecommerce.templates.email.Order_receiptEmail.ss on line 639

JonathanParker

Community Member, 37 Posts

30 March 2008 at 5:54pm

I also have this same error. I'm posting just so I can be kept informed of developments.
I'll be looking at this problem today & hopefully find the solution. It appears that there is a syntax error within the template files. I did have a quick look at it last week and got as far as isolating it to one of the <% includes %> 'product info' I think.

If anybody else beats me to the solution (Please!!) then please post it.

Jonathan

Delphinus

Community Member, 22 Posts

5 April 2008 at 7:46pm

Did you make any progress Jonathan?

Note: This error also occurs with the cart on http://demo.silverstripe.com/

JonathanParker

5 April 2008 at 10:18pm

I have had a word with the core development team. I have agreed to make a donation to subsidize some of the development time needed to produce a stable e-commerce module. This work is expected to begin within 2-3 weeks and potentially give an output within a further 4 - 6 weeks. I suggest that we all just be patient and help where we can. So if the e-commerce module is important to your plans then why not offer a little money to go towards what I and others have offered to get this sorted. I am sure that any other technical 'clues' / observations etc will also help. Any fixes that you may have developed yourself, partially working etc. Lets throw everything in the community pot and get this sorted.

I think that the majority will agree, that an easy to install plug in e-commerce module with a functionality equivalent to other e-commerce systems out there will accelerate the uptake of SS. As this is the type of development that the 'community' wants, then as a community lets all work together and do what we can to spread the SS message.

I will keep this thread updated.

Jonathan

Delphinus

5 April 2008 at 10:50pm

That sounds reasonable to me. Anyone in particular to contact so I can help donate?

JonathanParker

5 April 2008 at 11:43pm

Contact Siggy via sigurd@silverstripe.com I'm sure he'll be only to happy to hear from you.

Jonathan

Delphinus

6 April 2008 at 9:02pm

For what its worth...

Using build from Trunk.
Removing <% include OrderInformation %> from line 150 of ecommerce/templates/email/Order_receiptEmail.ss stops the error, but of course you get no order information in the email.
What does the above line actually do?

Replacing the folders ecommerce/templates/email and /Includes from the 0.5.1 build makes the order complete. But the Successpage only shows the cart again. Should show a page saying order complete.

I couldn't work out which file it actually was causing the error, replacing them one by one didn't fix it. (Should I be flushing each time?) (Is there a way to disable the cache?)

I also went along and counted every < in all of the 13 files, and then counted the >'s and they match... (Was worth a try :P )

Go to Top