Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, simon_w

Linking to page from ComplexTableField - possible?

Go to End

12 Posts   5714 Views

a-tech

Community Member, 39 Posts

24 March 2008 at 8:37pm

Edited: 25/03/2008 10:51am

Hey there, I'm sure this is positive, but your tutorials nor the docs seem to have any explanation that jumps out at me.

Setting the scene:
I have a page object 'publisher' and a page object 'book'

In the CMS, I have a ComplexTableField in one of the 'publishers' tabs that shows all the books.

Now my problem.

I don't mind having a popup form for adding a new book or viewing/editing certain information, but what I would LOVE is a link in the list, that will redirect to the books page, so that I can view/edit more complex stuff like its one-many relationship with genres.

I would assume the link is something like admin/show/$ID.

I tried something like

$tablefield->setFieldFormatting(array(
            'Edit' => '<a href=\"/admin/show/$ID">Go to</a>'
         ));

But it didnt work.

Any help is much appreciated.

Also - I know that I could organise the page objects in a hierarchy in the treeview, but there are going to be LOADS of books per publisher, and I would like to be able to use the complexfieldlist to sort/pageinate them per publisher.

a-tech

24 March 2008 at 8:43pm

Edited: 25/03/2008 10:51am

Actually, sorry, it did work, but what I meant was it loads a whole new CMS in the popup lightbox thing.

Please help me just do a straight navigation link :)

a-tech

24 March 2008 at 11:22pm

Edited: 25/03/2008 10:52am

Actually, I don't mind using the Iframe popup, but only if its possible to have tabs/ComplexTableFields within those, which I have been unable to get working and thought using pages instead of objects would help (so long as I could link from the CMS table list)

Matt

Core Development Team, 84 Posts

30 March 2008 at 11:54pm

Have asked Ingo to take a look at this when he has a chance :)

Ingo

Forum Moderator, 801 Posts

31 March 2008 at 9:04am

adding a target should do the trick:

'Edit' => '<a href=\"/admin/show/$ID\" target=\"_top\">Go to</a>'
));

a-tech

31 March 2008 at 6:08pm

Ta Ingo - will try tonight.

a-tech

1 April 2008 at 7:05pm

Edited: 01/04/2008 7:07pm

Hey guys, a target doesnt do anything, it still runs the javascript to load a lightbox window - it seems there is javascript around the table row that will load the row in the lightbox - (on closeing the lightbox it goes to the right page) please help :)

Ingo

Forum Moderator, 801 Posts

1 April 2008 at 8:37pm

Edited: 01/04/2008 8:38pm

ah right, there's an onclick handler which takes precedence, which makes things a lot more complicated for you - try this:
'Edit' => '<a href=\"/admin/show/$ID\" onclick=\"javascript:function(e){top.location=this.href; return false;}\">Go to</a>'
));
its kinda bad coding style in terms of "unobtrusive javascript", but serves your purpose here.

if that doesn't pan out, you could use Requirements::block("sapphire/javascript/ComplexTableField.js") and Requirements::block("sapphire/javascript/TableListField.js") in the popup call. in this case you'd lose all javascript related functionality of the table, not sure which impact this has in your specific case.

Go to Top