5324 Posts in 1596 Topics by 1167 members
|Go to End|
16 April 2009 at 9:35pm Last edited: 17 April 2009 12:13am
For my work I'm creating a registration system in order to give users an encrypted key that will work with our software. We want to have a registration system and a creation and renewal system for encrypted keys.
To do that i need :
1) A registration system for users with customised informations
2) A Validation link for the registration
3) A page that allow the user to consult/modify his data
4) A form to demand a new key or a renewed one
I've got some problem, can you help me :
- I'm new in developing in Silverstripe (but I'm an experienced developer)
- I've already seen how to custom pages and templates, but I'm am wondering how to do what I want :
- Do I need to use the User system of Silverstripe and how to, or is it possible to have my own User management sytem not related with Silverstripe users ( i would prefer)
- For the generation of the key I've got a Java class. Is it possible to use it when i submit a custom form.
22 April 2009 at 7:42pm
I've created all my pages and a loggin system with the Session::get et Session::set functions.
I need now to call my java class to generate the key do anyone know how to do it ? I've heard about REST is it appropriate in this case ?
28 April 2009 at 3:54am
For those who want to know, my application now works perfectly.
I've use my own page type by using the sapphire framework and put a loggin system over my site by using the Session::set() and Session::get() system. And for my java class who generate the keys, i have used an exec command on a jar i put on the server.
12 May 2009 at 12:00pm
Thanks pbertrand. Did you end up using the Silverstripe user system or did you do your own user management?
12 May 2009 at 11:04pm
I used my own user management. I don't know if it is the best way to do it, but with my own system the users who register don't have access to the admin part of silverstripe. And I can also make pages who can be seen only by our members (like the administration pages for example a page which shows all the registered users and how many key they have asked).
|Go to Top|