Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

YouTube Error

4 Posts   1151 Views

animasola

Community Member, 121 Posts

11 February 2010 at 5:32pm

When I tried installing the YouTube module, it seemed to have installed properly and so I created the page in the admin panel. When I tried to visit it on the live site, I get this error:

[Warning] curl_setopt() [function.curl-setopt]: CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION cannot be activated when in safe_mode or an open_basedir is set

GET /bigvote/videos/

Line 104 in /sapphire/api/RestfulService.php

SOURCE:

96       } else {
97          $ch = curl_init();
98          $timeout = 5;
99          $useragent = "SilverStripe/2.2";
100          curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_URL, $url);
101          curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, 1);
102          curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_USERAGENT, $useragent);
103          curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_CONNECTTIMEOUT, $timeout);
104          curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION,1);
105          curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_CUSTOMREQUEST, $method);
107          // Add headers
108          if($this->customHeaders) {
109             $headers = array_merge((array)$this->customHeaders, (array)$headers);
110          }

Anyone has an idea why this is so?

Juanitou

Community Member, 323 Posts

11 February 2010 at 11:17pm

Hi!

The error says your server’s security settings doesn’t allow CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION. I think it’s often the case in shared hosts.

Change line 104 to:
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION,0);

Hope it helps,
Juan

animasola

Community Member, 121 Posts

12 February 2010 at 2:35am

Thanks! that did the trick!

Although, does the YouTube module really work this way? When I click the video, it just opens a link that will take me to the video which will occupy the whole video. For me, it just seems kinda weird... or is it just me? Is there a possible way that it will open up a lightbox like window/media player where the video can be played in normal size? Or can it open a new page which will take me to the video which will have a description or comment box?

Here is the youtube service module implementation btw:

http://right2vote.net/bigvote/media

Juanitou

Community Member, 323 Posts

12 February 2010 at 5:28am

Edited: 12/02/2010 6:19am

No, that’s not the expected behaviour. You should get something as: http://connect-pd.eu/videos-en/

This site (dead for the moment) was done a year ago, so I don’t remember the changes I had to do in order to make Youtube videos work. Please search the forum as I think there was other problems related to shared host environments and JScript issues as well. If I find some time later I’ll try to look myself.

Regards,
Juan