Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Mobile problem

Go to End

6 Posts   1878 Views

HanSolo

Community Member, 87 Posts

19 September 2011 at 10:28pm

I uploaded the mobile theme and did a dev/build, i moved the blackcandymobile to my themes folder.
In the cms I choose Mobile users are redirected to mobile domain

I have pointed the domain mobil.remarkable.se to the site
But when i browse to the site using my iPhone i will get redirected from www.remarkable.se to mobil.remarkable.se but all I get on the page is
"Apache is functioning normally"

What have I done wrong I searched the forum but it seems like no one have this error/bug

Ryan M.

Community Member, 309 Posts

20 September 2011 at 10:42am

I think you need to place a duplicate SS installation (but pointing to the same database) on the mobile domain with the mobile theme selected as default for that to work.

I prefer the mobile theme switching option. Less hassle. But of course, maybe your particular application has a good reason for not using this.

Scott Farmer

Community Member, 49 Posts

20 September 2011 at 11:25am

I have struct this before. Do you have a cpanel or something similar?

You need to check you have setup the domain correctly. In my hosting cpanel, adding another domain creates a new hosting home page.

You need to look for something that says add new domain pointer, which points to same site.

Regards
Scott

HanSolo

Community Member, 87 Posts

20 September 2011 at 9:46pm

I did add a sudomain mobil.remarkable.se in the controllpanel.
Now I get this error

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@remarkable.se and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

maybe a i can search the forum for this

Ryan M.

Community Member, 309 Posts

21 September 2011 at 7:05am

500 internal server error usually points to a script breaking or wrong permissions on your script files.

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

21 September 2011 at 5:05pm

HanSolo - see the Forum FAQ. You need to enable dev mode.