Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, simon_w

Uploading a pdf or some kind of non image file

Go to End

11 Posts   6970 Views

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5513 Posts

17 July 2008 at 9:50am

check out the api docs for email - http://api.silverstripe.com/default/Email.html there should be a couple methods which you can call like $email->attachFile(yourfilename)

cerelac

Community Member, 34 Posts

17 July 2008 at 8:20pm

Edited: 17/07/2008 8:39pm

Thank you, willr.
I'll check it and see what can I do.

EDIT: Tell me one thing please. I'm trying to send and attachment with the newsletters.
Is it possible to do like that?

And one more thing, I was going to try to use attachFile, but I don't really know where should I use it (in Email class or Newsletter class).

mlaprise

Community Member, 3 Posts

26 August 2008 at 11:45am

Edited: 26/08/2008 11:46am

Hi everyone,

I have some problem with the FileField type. I want to have a link to a single doc file and my code is almost identical to the code of DesignCity in the third post:

class DocumentPage extends Page
{
   static $db = array(
      'Auteur' => 'Text',
      'ResumeCourt' => 'Text'
   );

static $has_one = array(
      'lienDocument' => 'FileIFrameField'
   );

function getCMSFields()
   {
      $fields = parent::getCMSFields();
      $fields->addFieldToTab('Root.Content.Main', new TextareaField('Auteur', 'Auteur(s)'), 'Content');
      $fields->addFieldToTab('Root.Content.Main', new TextareaField('ResumeCourt', 'Resume Court'), 'Content');
      $fields->addFieldToTab('Root.Content.Document', new FileIFrameField('lienDocument', 'Selectionner votre document'));

return $fields;
   }
}

class DocumentPage_Controller extends Page_Controller
{

}

When I edit the page in the admin section I get the following error message:

Fatal error: Class 'FileIFrameField ' not found in /var/www/sapphire/core/model/DataObject.php on line 921

I tried to use the FileField type instead and it seem to work. The Browse... button appear in the interface but there is no Upload button. Did I missed something ?

Thank for you help !

PS: Silverstripe is VERY nice ! By far the best CMS/platform around !

Go to Top