Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, simon_w

how can you have a HtmlEditorField in a table field

7 Posts   3704 Views

Nicolaas

Forum Moderator, 213 Posts

5 March 2008 at 9:51am

Hi Folk

Is it possible to have an HtmlEditorField in a complex table field (that uses a pop-up to edit its data)?

I am also wondering if you can have an image field within a complex table field?

Basically, I want website users to upload images and the site admin to review the uploaded images in a complex table field.

Are there any examples?

Nicolaas

Ingo

Forum Moderator, 801 Posts

11 March 2008 at 9:44pm

image upload through an ImageField should work in a CTF popup - there's a tutorial in the newest issue of the german PHP Magazine that does just that.

HTMLEditorField in CTF popup - don't go there, its a world of pain ;) seriously, there's too many optimizations specific to the main CMS UI to make this generically work on the popup.

Nicolaas

11 March 2008 at 10:00pm

Thanks Ingo - would love to see the german tutorial....

Sam

Administrator, 685 Posts

18 April 2008 at 7:51am

If you just want to split line breaks, you can use a TextareaField, and put $FieldName.XML in your pop-up.

Ingo

Forum Moderator, 801 Posts

18 April 2008 at 8:52am

Hey Nicolaas, we're allowed to make the PDF-tutorial available once the next publication of PHP Magazin hits the store (roughly mid may).

Garrett

Community Member, 245 Posts

22 July 2008 at 7:29am

Hi,

When you said, "If you just want to split line breaks, you can use a TextareaField, and put $FieldName.XML in your pop-up." What do you mean, "put" it?? What is the syntax?

Thanks,
Garrett

Nicolaas

22 July 2008 at 10:15am

HI Garrett,

I think what Sam means is that you put:
new Textareafield("fieldname", "enter stuff here", $rows = 10, $cols = 40, fieldname.XML);

where fieldname.XML is the default value

In doing so, if there is data in the field already, before you start editing, it will show with line breaks.

see: http://api.silverstripe.com/__filesource/fsource_forms_fields-basic_sapphireformsTextareaField.php.html for information on the the textarea field.

I may be wrong though.

Hope it helps

Nicolaas