I am looking to make a site centered around a web game with a flash interface, I would like the different aspects and levels to have their own pages with Flash embedded in them.
Initially the site would be more like a regular Flash game arcade, but I want to work towards building in more community functionality. So I'm looking for a CMS that will allow me to set up a basic site easily, then extend it as I learn. I have little to no experience with web programming, my only real experience with programming has been teaching myself ActionScript 3 for Flash.
Features would include:
* Users would be able to create maps in a flash map editor, they would appear in their profile, maps could then be grouped together into a series.
* Ratings, comments and highscores for maps
* Searchable maps, perhaps tagging and reserved tags would be useful
* Users can create a custom character that will be tied to their account
* Users can earn achievement badges, perhaps a user score
Possible future features...
* Users can buy points with cash
* Shop to spend those points
* Monthly league system based on user scores
* Maybe tournament features
* Shared accounts across multple games, whether it would be best to have them on seperate sites/domains or within the same one
* Profile details on user progress and creations
Would SilverStripe suit this task? Is it something I could pick up in a reasonable time frame if I really put my mind to it?
The other options I am looking at is MODx, which seems like it might be too complicated for me, and Drupal.