Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

huge php-cgi.core file created

Go to End

3 Posts   4124 Views

Anatol

126 Posts

21 July 2008 at 11:30am

Hi,

I am not sure if this is a Silverstripe problem at all: I noticed today that a file called "php-cgi.core" was created in the /sapphire/ directory. It's a massive 60MB while the complete Silverstripe CMS plus templates and user files is still below 10MB. Does anyone know why this file was created on the server? I am sure it is not part of the Silverstripe package. Or does anyone know how to avoid this in the future. I can just delete it and Silverstripe still works as expected.

Cheers!
Anatol

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

21 July 2008 at 11:01pm

Not even a whole lot on it on google sadly! Ive never come across anything like it - If you take a backup of it and then delete it what happens :P

Anatol

126 Posts

22 July 2008 at 11:29am

Hi Willr,

thanks for your reply. Yes, I did delete the 'php-cgi.core' file and it did not cause any problem. I am just concerned that it may be created again for some reason. Because of the file size the 100MB webspace limit on that server were exceeded so both the Silverstripe and another CMS on this hosting server did not work properly any more and online orders were not processed or delayed because even MySQL did not accept any more data due to the web space limit.

I hope it won't happen any more - but if anyone has some details about this or why it may have happened I would be happy to learn more about it.

Cheers!
Anatol