The version of ImageGallery that is on my site is actually horribly out of date. In the last few weeks, I've extended it to include 7 of what I consider the best lightboxes -- all jQuery. Some have more room for captions than others. Some are black, some are white, etc. Try it out.
Attached is the new release of the Image Gallery, with Album support. New features:
- Bundled with my SortableDataObject extension. Allows arbitrary drag-and-drop sort for DataObject components on the front end. In this case, it allows the albums to be reordered through drag-and-drop on the gallery overview page. For more information on this extension, see http://www.silverstripe.com/extending-hacking-silverstripe-forum/flat/232711
- Supports albums! No need to create several different pages. Just add a new album in the Albums tab. Every gallery must have at least one album. By default, all new galleries get a "Default Album" that can be renamed.
- Move photos from one album to another
- Some minor style changes
- If a gallery only has the default album, gallery page should skip right to it. Shouldn't need to go through the overview page.
- Albums are not physical spaces on the server. They're just arbitrary database entries. It would be nice if they went to their own folder. For now, it poses some challenges to the "move photos" feature, so I'll leave it alone.
Updated at http://imagegallery.carlinowebdesign.com