Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, simon_w

one more question on redirection - I just don't get it...

Go to End

12 Posts   3244 Views

makeit

Community Member, 15 Posts

28 September 2008 at 2:20pm

The page is named home - It was the original page - Interesting though, I do not have an option to make it a homepage. See attached... Is that the problem?

Bob

nlcluigi

Community Member, 7 Posts

28 September 2008 at 9:07pm

If do you not have an option to make it homepage, logically mean that it is already hompage. I think.. Again .. I'm new to SS.
What you can try: go to mysite\_config.php and change the current theme with the blaclcandy one. Do a sitename/?flush=1. Again, change the theme, do a flush and see if that work.
Another thing: It is not an .htaccess problem since the page IS found.
I have in the past this problem with trunk version of SS (last wek). Now I revert to SS 2.2.2 and everuthing is fine.

makeit

29 September 2008 at 5:07am

Changed the theme to blackcandy and no luck - same issue after flush, etc - I added a homepage.php file in /mysite/code (which is just an exact copy of the page.php file) and tried to rebuild the db, but ended up with a blank page. (which /db/build will sometimes do if there is nothing to do) - Still in the same place - Is the fact that /home comes up as a blank page meaningful as opposed to a 'page not found'?

Bob

makeit

29 September 2008 at 5:39am

Edited: 29/09/2008 5:59am

Also, I have gone as far as deleting the home page - doing a /db/build - and letting SS create a new home page in the menu structure - Guess what - It STILL DOES NOT WORK - going to:

http://www.imakeit.net takes me to the home page

If I select Home from a menu on any page in the site, I get a blank screen - this is incredibly frustrating. Typing http://www.imakeit.net/home also gives me the blank page.

I read the 'help' file and it implies I should have a pagetype in the pull down of homepage. Is this true, older version, new versions? I loaded 2.2.2 -

Any ideas?

Bob

Go to Top