Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, simon_w

Creating a page which has children but display nothing itself

2 Posts   1465 Views

mschiefmaker

Community Member, 187 Posts

14 November 2008 at 10:55am

Hi
I have a page at the top level that contains no detail but has children hanging off it. I want the menu button at the top level to go nowhere but the links on the sub menu to go off to the children.

So do I create a "nopage" with somehow stop the link to it from working or is there is an equivalent of the redirector page that goes nowhere? Or is there a better way of looking at this?

Thanks as always

MM

Liam

Community Member, 470 Posts

14 November 2008 at 5:42pm

I actually asked this question a few months ago if I understand you correctly. I was building a site with a suckerfish like navigation, and needed the parent page to render with no link, just so when a user hovered over it, it would display the children.

One of the developers suggested possibly doing some dirty hacks to disable the link on that specific page, but I can't find the topic after a search, nor did I ever use the suggestion. I just added in filler content as I figured it was easier.

I'll keep trying to find it, but I have no idea how I worded the question.