Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Data Model Questions /

Live table is empty

3 Posts   666 Views

landyman

Community Member, 11 Posts

20 July 2011 at 2:05am

Edited: 20/07/2011 2:33am

Hello -
After running a dev/build, there was an error when trying to repair a _Live table. Now, that _Live table is empty, and is pretty much hosed as far as I know since running a CHECK TABLE command comes up with a bunch of errors, and running REPAIR TABLE doesn't fix it.

Because all of the data is in the normal (not _Live) table, is there a way to just remove the _Live table and rebuild it? SS may do that on it's own, but I didn't want to try it first without asking.

Thanks.

martimiz

Forum Moderator, 1105 Posts

21 July 2011 at 6:00am

Edited: 21/07/2011 6:00am

I was curious and thought I'd try it out by renaming SiteTree_Live. And no, SilverStripe doesn't rebuild it... :-) But you could easily do that yourself in PHPMyAdmin or some such, if you copy the statement from an earlier dump or a test-install... And renaming the table at least you still have it...

After that I could just batch republish my pages... So it's worth a try (a backup is very very advisable!!!) Better yet if you switch to a second database, if you have it, even better, best if you can set up a test site to do this...

Good luck!

landyman

Community Member, 11 Posts

21 July 2011 at 7:10am

Hi martimiz -
Yeah, that's what I ended up doing -- I setup a different database and removed all of the data from the _Live table (keeping the structure intact). Then, I went into the admin and batch republished -- worked like a charm.

So, I went to the live DB and did it -- also worked.

Thanks for the reply!