Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Data Model Questions /

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

[Solved] Having a problem with Pagination on Silverstripe 3

Go to End

3 Posts   2077 Views

neilcreagh

Community Member, 136 Posts

13 September 2013 at 12:44am

Hi, I'm using PaginatedList on one of my functions, and it's working fine - limiting the display of the results - but when I try to view the "NextLink" it just displays the same list again (starting with the first result). The URL changes eg. ?start=12 is added but the results don't change.

Am I missing something?

My Function (working):

public function PaginatedWork() {
$paginatedList = new PaginatedList(DataObject::get("WorkPage", "", "", "", ""));
$paginatedList->setPageLength(12); 
return $paginatedList;
}

On the template <% loop $PaginatedWork %> is working (showing just the first 12 results)

But the link to view the next Page isn't working:

<% if $PaginatedWork.NotLastPage %><a class="next" href="$PaginatedWork.NextLink">&gt;</a><% end_if %>

URL updates with ?start=12 but the items displayed don't change

Any ideas??

ciaranhickey

Community Member, 17 Posts

13 September 2013 at 2:56am

I'm not familiar with the new PaginatedList approach - I've only done it the old way but from looking through the docs it looks like you may need to add $this->request as the second argument....

$paginatedList = new PaginatedList(DataObject::get("WorkPage", "", "", "", ""), $this->request);

It would need to know which page your are on based on the start parameter (?start=12 ?start=24 etc) - otherwise it's just getting everything from the first db record.

Hope that helps/works!

neilcreagh

Community Member, 136 Posts

13 September 2013 at 3:05am

Perfect! That works, thank you!