Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

DataObjectManager Module /

Discuss the DataObjectManager module, and the related ImageGallery module.

Moderators: martimiz, UncleCheese, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

ULTIMATE GUIDE - installing image gallery

Go to End

3 Posts   3176 Views

jim4nz

Community Member, 5 Posts

18 February 2010 at 12:40pm

Edited: 18/02/2010 12:56pm

Hey all, thanks for reading this post, i wrote this guide because i was having trouble installing the image gallery properly and due to unclear documentation that was available online, so i though i might as well put up this easy follow steps of documentation of installing image gallery. Of coz, i think this is really for people who are new to SilverStripe (Like Me!!).
Oh well give me some credit if you do find this information useful!! thanks Again & Good Luck

Firstly, we need to download the required module
* DataObjectManager Download Link
* SWFUploadField [v0.6] Download Link
* ImageGallery [v1.0] Download Link

Step 1:
Unzip DataObjectManager that u downloaded and place it under SilverStripe root folder, make sure you rename the folder to "dataobject_manager" (naming the folder correctly is extremely important, wrong folder name could lead you to all sort of problems)

Step 2:
On top of URL put in "/dev/build" after your SilverStripe Address eg http://localhost:8888/website-name/dev/build.
This will take you to Environment Builder page, where SilverStripe will build the database structure automatically for that particular module.

Step 3:
Unzip SWFUploadField [v0.6] that u downloaded and place it under SilverStripe root folder, make sure you rename the folder to "swfupload"

Step 4:
Repeat Step 2

Step 5:
Unzip SImageGallery [v1.0] that u downloaded and place it under SilverStripe root folder, make sure you rename the folder to "image_gallery"

Step 6:
Repeat Step 2

Step 7:
Congratulation!! now u have installed the SilverStripe ImageGallery module by UncleCheese
To enable to start using the image gallery, all you have to do is login to the Silverstripe CMS page and press "Create", and select "Image Gallery Page" from the drop down list, then press "GO".

PS. After installing, if you encounter any minor problems while using Image Gallery, Try "Hard Refresh" on the admin page.
PC -> Ctrl + F5
MAC -> F5

Having Trouble using Image Gallery?? visit the Image Gallery Guide

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

18 February 2010 at 2:29pm

Thanks for this write-up! I tend to forget about users who are using the ZIP files to install these modules. So many users, including myself, are spoiled by SVN!

moogi

Community Member, 2 Posts

7 May 2012 at 7:34pm

Edited: 07/05/2012 7:35pm

jim! creds for you! thanks!

unclecheese! what's web dev without you. thanks!