Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

DataObjectManager Module /

Discuss the DataObjectManager module, and the related ImageGallery module.

Moderators: martimiz, UncleCheese, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Can't upload files via SWFUpload

Go to End

3 Posts   1900 Views

sonet

Community Member, 33 Posts

22 August 2010 at 4:51am

Edited: 22/08/2010 8:40am

I can't upload files from my mac or any linux box. It's really odd that it works in IE8 on WinXP with the same Flash player version. I reinstalled flash with debugger, without, went back to version 9... cleared cache on the server, reset the browsers.

The SWF debug gets stuck at the upload event:

SWF DEBUG: Event: fileDialogStart : Browsing files. Multi Select. Allowed file types: *.*
SWF DEBUG: Select Handler: Received the files selected from the dialog. Processing the file list...
SWF DEBUG: Event: fileQueued : File ID: SWFUpload_0_0
SWF DEBUG: Event: fileDialogComplete : Finished processing selected files. Files selected: 1. Files Queued: 1
SWF DEBUG: StartUpload: First file in queue
SWF DEBUG: Event: uploadStart : File ID: SWFUpload_0_0
SWF DEBUG: Global Post Item: hasDataObject=0
SWF DEBUG: Global Post Item: PHPSESSID=kt05ldrefsd1fn7lt4ofe897t9i2
SWF DEBUG: Global Post Item: dataObjectFieldName=
SWF DEBUG: Global Post Item: parentIDName=ParentID
SWF DEBUG: Global Post Item: fileClassName=File
SWF DEBUG: Global Post Item: OverrideUploadFolder=assets/docs/
SWF DEBUG: Global Post Item: controllerID=17
SWF DEBUG: Global Post Item: fileFieldName=Files
SWF DEBUG: Global Post Item: dataObjectClassName=File
SWF DEBUG: ReturnUploadStart(): File accepted by startUpload event and readied for upload.  Starting upload to http://localhost/FileDataObjectManager_Controller/handleswfupload for File ID: SWFUpload_0_0
SWF DEBUG: Event: uploadProgress (OPEN): File ID: SWFUpload_0_0

I'm using 2.4.1, the assets folder is set to 777. Everything works fine in IE8/WinXP.

Any ideas what might be the problem or how to troubleshoot this issue? I'd appreciate any help.

brice

Community Member, 52 Posts

24 August 2010 at 10:23am

Perhaps this is related to a quirky SWFUpload bug (from the SWFUpload project itself) where filenames w/ spaces get partially uploaded?

http://code.google.com/p/swfupload/issues/detail?id=206&colspec=ID%20Type%20Status%20Summary%20FixReleasedIn%20FixTargetedFor%20Modified

from the debug, I couldn't see the filename

sonet

Community Member, 33 Posts

25 August 2010 at 3:48pm

This is discussed in detail here: http://silverstripe.org/dataobjectmanager-module-forum/show/287478?start=0

It started working for me after I upgraded to the most recent svn versions and reset my browsers, which deleted all cookies (as much as it hurts - wasted quite a few hours on it).