Just how is the silverstripe search doing it's thing. I went through the tutorial a long time ago and it works OK. But now my client is complaining as the results are:
1. Fairly inaccurate
2. Don't display a first paragraph of content as per the tutorial.
3. Including searches through the entire Upload directory (PDF and Doc). These ones in particular are destroying the look of the result page, as the content returned contains weird spacing.
All I can see in the code is this function in Page.php:
1. How exactly is that code doing the entire search?
2. How do I tell it to stay out of my Uploads directory?
3. I haven't heard a peep about the new search system in 2.3, although I it appears to be built in. Will I have more luck with a 2.2 to 2.3 upgrade? Is there documentation for this if it has changed?
Have a look at the SearchForm class, thats where everything happens.
No big changes since 2.2 for this, though. You'd need to subclass this and adjust
to your needs - e.g. not to query File/Image subclasses.
We've got a bunch of tickets in the queue concerning a new search implementation: