Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Hosting migration issues.

Go to End

4 Posts   756 Views

Lotus10190

Community Member, 5 Posts

10 June 2016 at 2:34am

Edited: 10/06/2016 3:21am

EDIT: Solved issue. The very last issue regarding MYSQL connection was due to improper Server connection collation settings in phpMyAdmin,
and a small error in the URL for the MYSQL database. Turns out it was on the same server and required only the alias for the database and not
a fully qualified domain name.

Ok. So here are the steps I've taken so far.

1. Downloaded site in its entirety.
2. Uploaded site to new hosting company.
3. Exported MYSQL database.
4. Imported MYSQL database to new hosting company.
5. Updated /mysite/_config.php with the new database password and IP address/URL.
6. Had an issue with cache so I updated the directories stored in the cache.
7. A new issue developed => "Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in framework/core/manifest/ConfigManifest.php on line 102".
8. Ran /dev/build?flush=all
9. Now all I get is "Server error: Sorry, there was a problem with handling your request." and a couple lines of text that say "your site name" "your tag here" etc.

I'm sure it's really obvious, but what have I missed? lol.

On it's original host the site displays perfectly.

Also, I'm not sure if it makes a huge difference or not, but I'm using a temp domain name right now on the
new hosting server. I haven't pointed the actual domain name to the new server because I'm trying to avoid
taking their site down.

Thanks.
Matt O.

Lotus10190

10 June 2016 at 2:49am

Ok. So, interesting discovery.

I enabled dev mode in environmental variables.

Turns out it is having issue connecting to the MYSQL database even though I have provided it with the
correct URL, username, password, and database name.

Any thoughts?

Devlin

Community Member, 344 Posts

10 June 2016 at 3:59am

Are the database credentials correct? Did you specified the correct database? Are you sure you imported the db dump to the correct database?

Because ""your site name" "your tag here"" are default values and usually only occur for a fresh install -- or if the build script creates new db tables and not using the existing tables.

Lotus10190

10 June 2016 at 4:05am

Yep. Credentials were correct.

Managed to enable dev mode.

Discovered error in connection to MYSQL database.
Turns out the hosting company had the database and the site on the same server, and so it only needed the alias
and not a fully qualified domain name for the database. That fixed everything.

Now the site is up and running great. It loaded all the values and page structures that were stored in the database.

Dev mode is the best!!! lol.