Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

(Solved) translation in .php

6 Posts   1123 Views

Webdoc

Community Member, 333 Posts

19 September 2010 at 5:37am

Edited: 22/09/2010 9:08am

How to translate the array-s in php and how to setup them in lang file

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5513 Posts

19 September 2010 at 12:09pm

Have a read of the documentation on http://doc.silverstripe.org/i18n. That should have all you need to know!

Webdoc

19 September 2010 at 7:18pm

"Enum('_t('Objekt.KORTER');, _t('Objekt.MAJA');, _t('Objekt.ARIPIND');, _t('Objekt.SUVILA');, _t('Objekt.RIDAELAMU');, _t('Objekt.PAARISMAJA');, _t('Objekt.MAATYKK');')"

gives error:
184             case T_STRING:
185                switch($token[1]) {
186                   case 'true': $args[] = true; break;
187                   case 'false': $args[] = false; break;
188                   default: throw new Exception("Bad T_STRING arg '{$token[1]}'");

Webdoc

21 September 2010 at 1:48am

is it even possible to make translateable the enum and then the searchable field title

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5513 Posts

21 September 2010 at 12:25pm

You can't have translations in Enums (as that would make the enum pretty useless). You have to pick a single language from the enum. If you want to translate the labels you can use if ($x = "Foo") .. $label = _t('FOO', 'Foo'); to translate it. Note you also can't use variables inside a _t() as that too would make things not work.

Webdoc

22 September 2010 at 9:08am

Tnx
made it easier way used:
$form->disableSecurityToken();
for search so i was able to made search template myself with costum code no need for securityID

and for enums added both languages in one enum they where only needed for filtered search.