Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Files & Images tab: New files not being found

Go to End

6 Posts   1018 Views

IDOLYZ

Community Member, 40 Posts

26 September 2011 at 7:33pm

When I click on "Look for new files" in the Files and Images tab, I receive a red Server Error notification at the bottom after about 3 minutes.

When I click back on the Uploads folder, I noticed it found all the files that I FTP'ed to all directories before the "Council-Meetings" folder, but not new files within that directory. The Council-Meetings directory has many sub folders and thousands of files.

I know the system is returning an error in this folder, but I don't know why. Could it be a bad file type?

Is there a limit to the number of files/folders that can be in the Uploads directory?

Any advice would be great.

Thanks,
Ben

sheadawson

Community Member, 49 Posts

27 September 2011 at 11:57pm

Have you tried monitoring the request in a console to see if you can get any more details about the error? I usually find good clues to these sort of problems through the firebug console

lerni

Community Member, 81 Posts

28 September 2011 at 1:01am

hi there

max_execution_time in php.ini is smth i would check.

luk

IDOLYZ

29 September 2011 at 6:35pm

Hi Luk,

Thanks for your suggestion. I checked the phpinfo file and the max_execution_time was set to 20. I added a php.ini file to the root with max_execution_time=60, but it hasn't updated.

Do you think this could be a setting that cannot be changed on the server?

The hosting provider is Westnet in Australia, and not our usual hosting provider.

Thanks,
Ben

lerni

Community Member, 81 Posts

30 September 2011 at 1:48am

does it update the same amount or break at the same point? and there goes nothing at all in the log-file or to the console as mr. squatch suggested? if so you also could try peu à peu - not all files at once.

IDOLYZ

3 October 2011 at 7:40pm

It seems to get to the same point. The folder with all the files in it is a child of the Uploads directory.

I just deleted some of the larger files from the Uploads folder and they aren't being found, so it must be a problem with the whole sync?

I tried using Firebug in Firefox, but it just returned a 500 Internal Server Error with no explanation. There are too many files to delete and start again.