Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Display $Pos as two figures e.g.. 01, 02, 03 etc?

6 Posts   744 Views

neilcreagh

Community Member, 97 Posts

21 March 2012 at 3:52am

Quick question: how could I get $Pos to display on my template as two figures eg. "01, 02, 03" instead of "1, 2, 3"?
Thanks!

simon_w

Forum Moderator, 474 Posts

21 March 2012 at 8:23am

You'll need to define a custom method for this. Something like:

public function PaddedPos($startIndex = 1) {
   return sprintf('%02d', $this->Pos($startIndex));
}

%02d will pad an integer to two characters, if it is less than that, using zeros.

neilcreagh

21 March 2012 at 11:05pm

Edited: 21/03/2012 11:05pm

Thanks for the reply Simon, however I think this is a bit more tricky because I'm already calling a function on my page.php and it's the $Pos of that function that I need to pad out with leading zeros... and I just can't get it to work.

function ArticleCategories() {
return DataObject::get("ArticleCategory", "ParentID=16", "", "", "");
}

Is there any way of doing this on the template eg. something like $Pos.Nice ?
Or, on the template is it possible to write in the leading zero with something like <% if Pos<10 %>0<% end_if %> (this doesn't work though)

Otherwise I might just resort to hard coding it on the template eg. <% if Pos=1 %>01<% else if Pos=2 %>02... (horribly long winded code)

simon_w

Forum Moderator, 474 Posts

22 March 2012 at 10:40am

You'll either need to add the method to ArticleCategory or one of its parent classes (not the controller, though).

There's nothing like $Pos.Nice and you can't use inequalities in the template, just equalities.

neilcreagh

27 March 2012 at 4:51am

Sorry, almost forgot to say thanks for the help Simon!

RichMcNabb

Community Member, 34 Posts

15 May 2012 at 9:25am

I'm having trouble getting this to work - any chance you could post your code? Thanks :)