Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

SS3 Gridfield buttons-before-left fragment missing

3 Posts   733 Views

BlueO

Community Member, 52 Posts

28 May 2012 at 2:59pm

Hi there, I've been playing around with GridField in SS3 and found a problem I'm not sure how to address.

I have the following model : 'Page' -- has_one --> 'Block' --has_many--> 'Contents'

I can successfully add a gridfield to manage the 'Page' -- has_one --> 'Block' relationship but as soon as I add the second 'Block' --has_many--> 'Contents' Relationship I get this error:

Error at \framework\forms\gridfield\GridField.php line 291: Uncaught LogicException: GridField HTML fragment 'buttons-before-left' was given content, but not defined. Perhaps there is a supporting GridField component you need to add?

Now I can get around that error by adding a $DefineFragment(buttons-before-left) somewhere in one of the GridField templates Eg \framework\templates\Includes\GridFieldToolbarHeader.ss It seesm to be adding the 'autocompleter' section.

Then it works well.... but this is obviously a slightly hacky way to do things - is there a better one? Have I just missed the correct procedure?

cheers

b

e-scape

Community Member, 16 Posts

18 July 2012 at 3:50am

b

Sorry not an answer, but I do have a question.. you say that you have a working has_one relation managed via GridField. Would you mind sharing that code as I am struggling to find references to this setup anywhere, its all 1-many and many-many.

Many thanks
Jason

BlueO

Community Member, 52 Posts

18 July 2012 at 10:34am

sure thing:
NB I belive the previous problem has been addressed since I posted last!

but a has one i've mostly managed with a dropdown field (I can't recall my original setup unfortunately) but if you really wanted i guess you could use something like this:
untested so mileage may vary...

class SideBar extends DataObject {

static $db = array(
'Type' => 'Enum("SideItem,EducationSearchWidget,GoogleMapWidget","SideItem")',
'Title' => 'Varchar'
);
static $has_one =array(
'Style' => 'Style'
);

function getCMSFields() {
parent::getCMSFields();

$fields = new FieldList(
new TextField('Title')

);
$sc = Style::get()->filter(array("ID" => "Style.ID"));
$GridField = new GridField("Style", "Styles on this page", $sc, new GridFieldConfig_RelationEditor());
$fields->push($GridField);

return $fields;
}

}