Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

CMS is using the wrong language ! SS 3.1 - Beta3

2 Posts   420 Views

DesignerX.com.au

Community Member, 107 Posts

25 May 2013 at 1:15pm

Hi,
The CMS is using the wrong language in SS 3.1 - Beta3. I have changed the language for all users (only 3 users) in the user settings, added i18n::set_locale('en_US'); in _config.php & checked the Member table & it has the correct "locale" setting ( set to en_US ) Then did dev/build & flush=all & the CMS still uses the wrong language (I think its africa ? )
Any idea how to fix it or where in the code I can start digging to find a solution (which code in the CMS responsible for setting the interface language ? )

I also found this old ticket : https://github.com/silverstripe/silverstripe-framework/issues/1901

Thanks

DesignerX.com.au

Community Member, 107 Posts

26 May 2013 at 7:48pm

oK, i FOUND A "DIRTY" solution for this, I went to framework\lang\af.yml & removed that file. For some reason the CMs was stuck at using that "translation" file & once removed it will start responding to the language settings per user !