Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

HELP I'm seriously Object Confused!!

3 Posts   422 Views

tazzydemon

Community Member, 124 Posts

23 August 2013 at 4:54pm

Guys

After having created a lot of working page types in ss3.1 I now realise that quite a few page types should have the Foundation Orbit slider on them. I therefore cur it out of one working page type and created a new intermediate object OrbitPage.php (which extends Page) and then I extended my pages that need a slider on OrbitPage.

OrbitPage uses another object, OrbitImage, which uses gridfield sorting and a few other things. In OrbitImage I had the following function derived from [url]http://www.silverstripe.org/general-questions/show/20603[/url]

function getNextSortID() {
$getDataList = $this->Page()->OrbitImage();

if (!$getDataList || $getDataList->Count() == 0) {
return NULL;
} else {

return $getDataList->first()->SortID + 1
}

SS3 now baulks on the $this->Page() method which worked when this function was called in reference to a page type one object separated from Page.php. Now I have say, HeroPage extending OrbitPage extending Page, I can't find the right site tree method. $this->OrbitPage() does not work

HELP!!!

copernican

Community Member, 189 Posts

27 August 2013 at 12:31am

Shouldn't it just be "$getDataList = $this->OrbitImage();" ?

tazzydemon

Community Member, 124 Posts

27 August 2013 at 4:08pm

Well there was a more sever issue anyway in that the twice removed page types took the intermediate name ...so I abandoned this, but thanks for the tip.