Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Default image quality control

5 Posts   2004 Views

Rawbit

Community Member, 52 Posts

7 January 2009 at 3:34am

I'm interested in an easier way to control the default quality of uploaded images. So far i've been manually editing this line in GD.php:

protected static $default_quality = 75; // I change this to 100

The problem is each time I update SS, this is overwritten. Does anyone have a more practical suggestion for this that could be saved in mysite folder or in the database?

Also - it would be really nice to have this option not only in the admin area, but to allow a radiobox to chose between imageMagick and GD (I know this is a lot more work than it sounds). For now, I'm really only interested in a practical fix for controlling this image quality outside of GD.php

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4096 Posts

7 January 2009 at 3:55am

You can probably do this:

_config.php

GD::set_stat('default_quality',100);

Rawbit

7 January 2009 at 4:18am

Edited: 07/01/2009 4:34am

UncleCheese,

Thanks for the replies - I tried this and got (on the upload tab and on attempting to flush):

Fatal error: Using $this when not in object context in C:\wamp\www\rob\silverstripe\sapphire\core\Object.php on line 387

I tried something different based on your idea:
GD::set_default_quality(100);

[edit] I'm not sure if it's working or not now

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4096 Posts

7 January 2009 at 4:43am

Bah.. sorry about that.

singleton('GD')->set_stat('default_quality',100);

Rawbit

7 January 2009 at 7:47am

Excellent - seems to be working great. Thanks!