Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Pictures in tables - how to stop them being indented

4 Posts   1001 Views

Nick29121972

Community Member, 3 Posts

20 January 2009 at 3:53am

Hi

I'm really struggling here. It seems that a SilverStripe table automatically indents an inserted graphic. I have checked all related table/cell/column/row settings and they are at 0. This is a real problem as some of the pages I am trying to import are set up with no indent and the graphics span multiple cells with no gaps.

Does anyone know how to switch off the indent?

Thanks
Nick_Nick

dio5

Community Member, 501 Posts

21 January 2009 at 9:09am

Got an example?

If this can't be found in the html source code it must be a matter of changing the stylesheet.

Nick29121972

Community Member, 3 Posts

21 January 2009 at 9:06pm

Hi

Thanks for the response. I have attached the site as it should be, then the site as it is when the HTML is dropped in to a regular home page in the CMS, with the tutorial template set up.

There is some indent around the pictures within a cell and there is some indent between a table border and a nested table. Ultimately I don't want there to be any indent/padding/spacing anywhere. Any help much appreciated.

Thanks
Nick

Attached Files
dio5

Community Member, 501 Posts

21 January 2009 at 9:22pm

It's hard to say from a website dropped in a .doc file :) but I expect this to be because of a lack of / different settings in certain style declarations in the stylesheet. (vertical-align:top; (for table cells)).

I'm not sure what exactly you dropped in the cms content, but I think you'll need to ask the developer who created your site to change this, or if you got access to your stylesheet, add in:

td{
vertical-align:top;
}

Might already help some things.

But be aware that this may cause other stuff to look weird if your site is built with tables (which it shouldn't).