Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Unpublished Pages are showing up on my site

Go to End

5 Posts   1914 Views

dufus

Community Member, 4 Posts

4 December 2014 at 1:17pm

I recently installed Silverstripe. I unpublished a few pages right of the bat - the About Me page and the Contact Us page. I'm going to publish them again in a little while after I get the content straightened out.

The problem is, they are still visible on my website.

How do I get rid of them?

This is what I've tried so far:

1. I tried publishing them again and then unpublishing them.
2. I tried the flush, followed by dev/build followed by flush
3. I tried flush by itself
4. I tried dev/build by itself.

I just can't get them to disappear. What's up?

nzstephenf

Community Member, 63 Posts

4 December 2014 at 5:23pm

Are you still logged-into your website?

When you're still logged-in to your SilverStripe project, any pages you've removed from the live site but still exist in the Site Tree will still appear on the site as Draft pages. Try logging-out or use the Incognito Mode in Google Chrome to see the site when it's not logged-in. Administrators have the ability to view the draft site, so you would be viewing the site in a mode where both live and draft content appear.

Yell out if that doesn't solve your problem! :)

Cheers,
Steve

dufus

Community Member, 4 Posts

5 December 2014 at 2:36pm

Thanks Stephen. I had tried logging out and viewing the site and that did not help right away.

What I discovered was that I needed to clear my browser cache in order to see the site fresh. I was using Google Chrome and it was caching the page and not updating it even when I specifically reloaded the page with command-R or hitting the refresh button.

nzstephenf

Community Member, 63 Posts

5 December 2014 at 3:07pm

Maybe create a folder in the root of your project, name it silverstripe-cache. This way you have better control over the caching of your site. So when it gets a little glitchy again, just purge the contents within the silverstripe-cache folder. :)

I had a feeling it may have been a browser cache thing - happened to me several times.

Are you all goods now? Or still occuring problems even after clearing your browser cache?

bj6

Community Member, 1 Post

24 February 2016 at 10:58am

Thanks Stephen