Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Any way to make Search on these forums better?

8 Posts   989 Views

redactuk

Community Member, 117 Posts

2 October 2009 at 10:30am

Is there any way to search for complete strings in these forums?

I'm installing on new server and I just get the amazingly idiotic SS error message:

"There has been an error"

(Should go into the internet hall of fame for useless error messages)

How can I search these forums for that exact message without it searching for every individual word?

Thanks

socks

Community Member, 190 Posts

2 October 2009 at 3:08pm

Edited: 02/10/2009 3:10pm

I've had the same issues. The search is dreadful. I was going to open a ticket for the forum module when I got a chance (I think it's the same as this forum on SS). I continuously have to go to Google to search this site.

I also noticed that it didn't seem to search the Titles of the posts http://silverstripe.org/forum-module-forum/show/267343. I've yet to hear anyone tell me otherwise.

It also doesn't seem like there's a way to search specific Forums either.

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5513 Posts

2 October 2009 at 4:22pm

redactuk, turn on dev mode to see full error messaging. When in live mode it will only show that generic page.

Mo

Community Member, 510 Posts

6 October 2009 at 1:00am

I agree that forum searches could do with being a bit better. The ability to search specific forums would be a god send, or at the very least, the ability to search for a whole phrase enclosed in inverted commas.

Martijn

Community Member, 271 Posts

6 October 2009 at 1:58am

Just create your own Google custom searchengine ;)

http://www.google.com/cse/home?cx=partner-pub-9169190712976925%3Aq8w20zgk72p

ardjan

Community Member, 9 Posts

6 October 2009 at 3:00am

I'd also like to see a page with the last replies since my last login on the forum.
In that way you don't have to click each category manually to see if there's a new post in it.

Mo

Community Member, 510 Posts

6 October 2009 at 3:20am

That would be cool, or at least listing my most recent posts on my profile page.

dalesaurus

Community Member, 283 Posts

6 October 2009 at 4:06pm

I would like golden spaceship icons.