Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Content Admins need 'full administrative rights' to access and edit pages in the second language (Translatable)?

Go to End

4 Posts   1396 Views

Kalileo

Community Member, 127 Posts

5 October 2009 at 8:36pm

No problem as admin, all works, but we don't want to give these users with clumsy fingers and the tendency to delete whatever they don't understand - and that can be a lot - 'full administrative rights' in the CMS, right?

No problem with the first language, but without 'full administrative rights' content admins cannot access and edit pages in the second language (Translatable) :o

Tested with SilverStripe-v2.3.2 (fresh install) and SilverStripe-v2.3.3 (upgraded from 2.3.2).

Or am I not seeing the correct setting?

AlexBeka

Community Member, 21 Posts

5 October 2009 at 9:27pm

i have the same problem in SS 2.3.3; this was also described by heidgert in http://www.silverstripe.org/customising-the-cms/show/264195?start=0#post264546 but it seems that it isn´t fixed until now;

Kalileo

5 October 2009 at 9:50pm

Thanks, AlexBeka, yes, that's it. i haven't recognized that that thread is about the same issue. Let's hope it will get addressed soon, before my customer deletes too much ...

Kalileo

7 October 2009 at 9:28am