Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Installing SilverStripe /

Getting SilverStripe up and running on your computer and on your web server.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

installing silverstripe on WAMP I get the You need mod_rewrite to run SilverStripe CMS, but it is not enabled. Error.

4 Posts   1910 Views

TF-35Lightning

Community Member, 137 Posts

18 February 2010 at 6:48pm

Edited: 18/02/2010 6:49pm

Hi all,
First time installation of silverstripe here. I'm on Vista, and have installed a working version of WAMP.

On the install under:

Webserver Configuration
mod_rewrite enabled   You need mod_rewrite to run SilverStripe CMS, but it is not enabled.

This line is highlighted in red. I have read of other user posts and have tried those solutions but I still get the error, I see it is related to the .htaccess and httpd.conf

Here is what I have for those files.

.htaccess
### SILVERSTRIPE START ###
<Files *.ss>
Order deny,allow
Deny from all
Allow from 127.0.0.1
</Files>

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine On

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !(\.gif$)|(\.jpg$)|(\.png$)|(\.css$)|(\.js$)

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^(.*)$
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteRule .* sapphire/main.php?url=%1&%{QUERY_STRING} [L]
</IfModule>
### SILVERSTRIPE END ###

httpd.conf
LoadModule rewrite_module modules/mod_rewrite.so

If anyone could help me out here would be much appreciated! Desperate to get silverstipe up and going.

Sean

Forum Moderator, 922 Posts

18 February 2010 at 11:06pm

Easily fixed by enabling the "rewrite module" in the Apache modules listing inside the WAMP menu in your task bar.

TF-35Lightning

Community Member, 137 Posts

19 February 2010 at 12:07am

Well that was an easy fix thanks Sean! First time using WAMP and I really don't know how I didn't cross over sooner from the Microsoft platform!

Another question regarding Silverstripe its awesome, just having a small difficulty with the file uploading component at the moment. I go to files and images and upload the files I want eg (.jpg and pdf) now they show up there listed on that page, but back on the Site Content area when I go to insert a .jpg the file I just uploaded isn't showing up???

I go to insert image, select the upload directory but the image I just uploaded isn't showing from the selection list. Any ideas?

Sean

Forum Moderator, 922 Posts

23 February 2010 at 11:08pm

Hi there,

You might want to open a new thread in the General Questions forum so someone else can take a look. I'm not sure off the top of my head, sorry!

Cheers,
Sean