Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Installing SilverStripe /

Getting SilverStripe up and running on your computer and on your web server.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Install goes nowhere

5 Posts   1088 Views

chrisgill

Community Member, 8 Posts

4 April 2009 at 10:53am

Never had this with a cms before.

Installed v2.3.1 in a folder /cms/ within the web folder of a domain hosted on a shared server. I have several other cms scripts running in similar circumstances. When I go to domain/cms the browser shows that I am being forwarded to domain/cms/install.php, but I get only a blank screen.

Not a great start.

Chris

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5513 Posts

4 April 2009 at 6:01pm

A blank screen would probably suggest an error with the php / apache setup without even getting to the install checks.

Check your apache server logs for the error message.

chrisgill

4 April 2009 at 7:57pm

Thanks. Problem seems consistent. I have essentially the same error message in the log from two separate installs - one by uploading the expanded software, the other by using my host's backup restore system and expanding the zip file on the server. In the latter case, the error is:

interactivesites.co.uk [Sat Apr 04 07:48:48 2009] [error] [client 81.153.77.123] PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /home/sites/interactivesites.co.uk/public_html/stripe231/sapphire/dev/install/config-form.html on line 178

Any light you can shed would be appreciated. It may help to know that I have had slightly more success with an earlier install of v2.2.3, but in that case hit a different problem with the system failing to recognise my admin login credentials.

Does 2.3.1 have different php requirements from 2.2.3?

Chris

chrisgill

5 April 2009 at 2:47am

To my amazement, this is a problem with config-form.html that has been known about for two weeks, but not fixed.

Check out this topic: 2.3.1 install file broken

Chris

chrisgill

5 April 2009 at 3:08am

The fix in the other thread mentioned above works, I can testify.

Chris