Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Template Questions /

Mail form

4 Posts   1409 Views

Eager_one

Community Member, 7 Posts

12 January 2010 at 11:35am

Edited: 12/01/2010 11:37am

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to create a very basic form that has some fields that people need to fill in, and when they press the: Send button it automatically sends an e-mail to both the one who submitted it and someone else...however I can't figure out how.

Now i'm not new to php, though i'll certainly not claim to be an expert in it. I am new however to the whole SS way of things.
I've tried several things in trying to accomplish the above named goal (including spending a while searching through these posts), however the best i've achieved is getting my echo message displayed at the top left, which as a side effect screws up my entire css. (everything moves to the left) I can't figure out how to properly insert my php lines, which need to display some editable data, and form fields.

So hence my perhaps a bit dimwitted question: how do I do this?

Thanks in advance for any help offered!

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5513 Posts

12 January 2010 at 4:06pm

Edited: 12/01/2010 8:48pm

Aram has a nice tutorial on how to make a contact form - http://ssbits.com/creating-a-simple-contact-form/.

Thats a good start for what you want to do.

Eager_one

12 January 2010 at 8:42pm

Hi,

Thanks! At first glance it looks like what I need. I'll check it out.

Eager_one

19 January 2010 at 11:00am

Well it turned out to be exactly what I needed to get me on my way!
Thanks again Willr!