Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Template Questions /

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Trouble with header image

Go to End

3 Posts   2514 Views

CurrysLake

Community Member, 7 Posts

8 April 2011 at 12:54pm

good evening. I'm trying to have a banner image display in the header of my site. I am using 2.4.5 and I have added the following code to layout.css

#Header {
width: 850px;
height: 137px;
backgroud: url("../images/headerclouds.jpg");
margin: 0 auto;
overflow: hidden;
}

I have tried using this code in Firebug to see how it looks and it works there, however when I add it to the actual layout.css file and upload to the server, it loads all of the items except the background. I verified this by pulling up firebug and it does not show the background line and displays a blank background, however if I switch it to show me the source instead of the live view, the line is in the file.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Devlin

Community Member, 344 Posts

8 April 2011 at 7:48pm

Edited: 08/04/2011 7:48pm

backgrou*n*d: url("../images/headerclouds.jpg");

If you're using Requirements::combine_files() on the live server, you also want to change the path to "../../mysite/images/headerclouds.jpg", which works with not combined_files() on the dev server too.

CurrysLake

Community Member, 7 Posts

9 April 2011 at 12:50am

That was it. I can't believe I missed that. I actually retyped that line several times to try to fix any typos, but I guess after looking at it for so long, you read what is supposed to be there instead of what is actually there.

Thank you very much!