Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Template Questions /

Trouble with header image

3 Posts   1370 Views

CurrysLake

Community Member, 7 Posts

8 April 2011 at 12:54pm

good evening. I'm trying to have a banner image display in the header of my site. I am using 2.4.5 and I have added the following code to layout.css

#Header {
   width: 850px;
   height: 137px;
   backgroud: url("../images/headerclouds.jpg");
   margin: 0 auto;
   overflow: hidden;
}

I have tried using this code in Firebug to see how it looks and it works there, however when I add it to the actual layout.css file and upload to the server, it loads all of the items except the background. I verified this by pulling up firebug and it does not show the background line and displays a blank background, however if I switch it to show me the source instead of the live view, the line is in the file.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Devlin

Community Member, 217 Posts

8 April 2011 at 7:48pm

Edited: 08/04/2011 7:48pm

backgrou*n*d: url("../images/headerclouds.jpg");

If you're using Requirements::combine_files() on the live server, you also want to change the path to "../../mysite/images/headerclouds.jpg", which works with not combined_files() on the dev server too.

CurrysLake

Community Member, 7 Posts

9 April 2011 at 12:50am

That was it. I can't believe I missed that. I actually retyped that line several times to try to fix any typos, but I guess after looking at it for so long, you read what is supposed to be there instead of what is actually there.

Thank you very much!