Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Customising the CMS /

SS3:Extend Group

Go to End

13 Posts   1558 Views

Reflektera

49 Posts

7 September 2012 at 10:06pm

Hi all,

In 2.4 I've extended the built-in class Group and now I'm trying to port this to 3.0, but can't get it to work.

Organisation.php looks like this:
<?php
class Organisation extends DataExtension {
}

Organisations.php looks like this:
<?php
class Organisations extends ModelAdmin {
   public static $managed_models = array(
      'Group'
   );
   static $url_segment = 'abc';
   static $menu_title = 'abc';
}

In _config.php I have this:
Object::add_extension('Group', 'Organisation');

Everything looks fine, besides the fact that I can't save a group through this modeladmin. All I get is this error message:

"ERROR [User Error]: singleton() Called without a class
IN POST /mokss/admin/organisations/Group/EditForm/field/Group/item/4/ItemEditForm
Line 372 in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/*****/framework/core/Core.php"

Any clue?

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5513 Posts

8 September 2012 at 4:46pm

You'll probably need to post the code to Organization. If you remove all the code from organization then try and save does it work?

Reflektera

49 Posts

8 September 2012 at 5:32pm

Edited: 08/09/2012 5:33pm

Thanks for the reply but no, thats the thing, it won't save, even if it's empty.

copernican

Community Member, 189 Posts

12 September 2012 at 4:03am

Reflektera, I basically recreated what you did on a fresh SS3.0 install. I was able to add a group and save no problem... Are there any other extensions or classes that could be causing the issue? Here is my code..

<?php

class GroupModelAdmin extends ModelAdmin {

public static $managed_models=array(
'Group'
);

public static $url_segment='groupManager';
public static $menu_title='Group Manager';

}

?>

<?php

class GroupExtension extends DataExtension {

}

?>

and in my _config.php

Object::add_extension('Group', 'GroupExtension');

Did you make sure to ?flush=all as well after adding your extension?

Reflektera

49 Posts

13 September 2012 at 12:23am

First of all, thanks for trying to help!

I made a fresh installation on my production server, I only tried on my local MAMP before. Copy pasted your code and ?dev/build?flush=all. All I got is a white screen, and I can't se anything special in the log files.

Group Manager appears in CMS though, but still the same error message... I tried it on 3.0.1, guess next step is trying it on 3.0.

copernican

13 September 2012 at 12:30am

If memory serves, the white screen is normal though on a dev/build in 3.0 when in live mode.... but still getting the singleton error when saving. Very strange... Please let me know if you have luck in a 3.0 install.

Reflektera

49 Posts

13 September 2012 at 1:05am

It works in 3.0, so something like a bug in the latest version. Guess I'll continue with 3.0 til I can figure out what is wrong with .0.1.

Didn't know about the white screen in live mode. Have to check it out, cause I think I had the site in dev mode...

Thanks again!

copernican

14 September 2012 at 12:13am

I tested myself in a fresh 3.0.1 install, and worked okay for me. Maybe something you did in the previous install was causing issues? I would recommend re-downloading 3.0.1 and trying again but with 3.0.2 potentially not that far off, could just wait till that drops and update your 3.0 install.

Go to Top