Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Customising the CMS

I wanna make a sidebar, but how?

37 Posts   13132 Views

UrbanGrocery

28 February 2011 at 6:51pm Community Member, 5 Posts

Thank you. these instructions worked for sharing custom fields form one page (my home page) to other pages.

Wyman

26 April 2011 at 5:13am Community Member, 9 Posts

For anyone in the future that is reading this post, like myself, I think you would like to have a working link to Aram's website tutorial to do what is talked about in this post. I found it on the site he mentioned, but in an archive now:
[url]http://archive.ssbits.com/create-a-static-sidebar/[/url]
I couldn't get any of the code in these posts to work for me, but his tutorial he wrote worked on the first try for me!
I'm pretty new to silverstripe so I also enjoyed the site that the tutorial is on, I found a few other really nice tutorials on that same site, ssbits.com.

CHD

11 June 2011 at 4:02am Community Member, 218 Posts

this may come in handy for anybody who wants to easily include forms in a sidebar or any other area of the site, without controlling a hidden page:

http://www.clickheredigital.co.uk/blog/how-to-include-a-silverstripe-form-on-any-every-page/

Naren

21 September 2013 at 5:44pm Community Member, 21 Posts

Hi Aram,

I was creating a sidebar on my theme but when I put the the php files, admin does not work properly it shows 'there is some error'

I am using silverstripe 3.0 please guide me how to do that and rectify the issue

Thanks in advance

MrEerie

6 February 2014 at 5:05am Community Member, 3 Posts

Hey guys! I know this post is somewhat ancient, but here I am stuck with the same problem as martin_w had: when I upload the SidebarPage and run dev/build I can't seem to create a new sidebar page within the admin panel. The screen just turns blank and nothing happens. Surprisingly, however, when I delete the SidebarPage.php file I am able to open the editor for the SidebarPage within the admin panel. Andyone an idea on how martin_w solved that problem? I also tried Aram's tutorial on ssbits but the problem remains exactly the same.