About Bluehouse Group
Operating for nearly 20 years, Bluehouse Group is a digital agency based in Burlington, Vermont, with a strong reputation for building high quality sites. While specialising in custom website design and catering to a wide variety of clients, they are developing a deep expertise in the manufacturing sector, as illustrated in this project. Bluehouse Group go beyond just building websites—they serve as a strategic business partner to clients, helping them achieve business goals.
NRG Systems Inc. designs and builds measurement products that are purpose-built for the renewable energy industry. In a competitive global marketplace for renewable energy products, it’s critical that visitors easily understand the company’s product offerings and quickly get the resources they need. NRG Systems engaged Bluehouse Group with several goals in mind:
- Increase new business inquiries
- Expand global reach into new markets
- Improve customer service for people needing technical information and documentations
- Enhance the overall company brands
- Integrate with existing ERP system and customer relationship management (CRM) softwares
Bluehouse Group’s solution
Bluehouse Group’s approach was strategic and thorough. A template-based solution or basic WordPress website would have left NRG seriously under-performing its potential. Working closely with the NRG team, they re-imagined the role the website could play in their overall sales and support model. Therefore they:
- Designed a sophisticated search interface, with filterable search results that greatly improves relevancy and usability for users.
- Integrated with an existing system containing product data, so updated product information flows to the website automatically – eliminating redundancies.
- Integrated with existing sales management system so new leads flow automatically into that system, creating efficiencies for sales and support.
- Designed a user interface that is extremely easy to use, even for people who do not speak English as their first language.
- Engineered user flows that encourage user engagement and conversion.
- Implemented Silverstripe as their CMS, as that was the best content management system solution for their needs: scalable, secure and easy to use for non-technical staff.
After launching the new website, the results were immediate. New business inquiries in the form of Requests for Quotes began flowing in at an exponentially higher rate. New account sign-ups and newsletter sign-ups also increased substantially. Customer support also became more efficient and streamlined.
There was an over 1300% increase in qualified leads
An increase of new accounts sign-ups by over 850%
And newsletter sign-ups of over 2250%
- silverstripe/display-logic for adding conditions to display or hide certain form fields
- colymba/gridfield-bulk-editing-tools for facilitating bulk file uploading & record editing
- silverstripe/widgets allowing functionality showing last comments or Flickr photos
- kinglozzer/metatitle adding the meta-title for SilverStripe 4
- silverstripe/googlesitemaps enabling search engines to see all the URLs on the site
- silverstripe/blog used to tackle the issue of a cluttered site tree
- bluehousegroup/silverstripe-data-object-version-viewer developed by BlueHouse Group for this project to view version histories for data objects
- silverstripe/environmentcheck providing an API for building environment tests
Interested in building or featuring a website?
If you want to work with Bluehouse Group, contact them through the Bluehouse Group website.
Interested in showcasing your own work? Go to our showcase section and submit your site!