Based on our own development teams we knew two things:
- Distractions outside development (support, security, cloud hosting management) take up a lot of time.
- Developers aren’t happy when they’re not coding.
SilverStripe Platform was born from how we work ourselves. Our development teams are able to work free from distractions, while being supported by experts who specialise in AWS, SilverStripe, performance and security.
SilverStripe Platform is evolving rapidly, just take a look at the latest releases:
- Responsive developer dashboard
- Faster code deployments (we’re constantly improving this, we’re currently at an average of 2 minutes)
- Snapshots - to copy database and assets and streamline ongoing development
- Searchable logging for easier error diagnosis
- Infrastructure configuration choice
- Environment configuration tools
- Improvements to site performance
Advanced user management
And yesterday we launched:
Self-service environment creation (currently available for trials but coming soon to all accounts)
This lets you spin up development and production environments on AWS, tailored for SilverStripe applications in just 15 mins.
Agencies and clients across New Zealand, the USA and the UK are now running sites on SilverStripe Platform. We love having developers giving us feedback on the next features to build. This coalface input is making SilverStripe Platform a better product every day.
Seeing is believing.
Let’s be honest, we can talk as much as we want about SilverStripe Platform, but the proof is in the pudding. All the features lists in the world mean nothing until you’ve had a look under the hood yourself.
And now you can.
With our latest release, you can now trial SilverStripe Platform, for free, for 14 days.
Fire up AWS environments, deploy code, try to break everything. Have a play and see what you think!
To qualify for a trial account, simply complete our SilverStripe Platform demo.