Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

changing theme

Go to End

8 Posts   29955 Views

michi

Community Member, 8 Posts

14 January 2008 at 4:15am

hi,
i just wanted to change the theme from blackcandy to khakikraze. but theres no help to install this. where have i to put the files? i've installed the tar.gz ...

michi

dio5

Community Member, 501 Posts

14 January 2008 at 7:38am

Find the folder /themes.

Put the folder with the theme name in that folder.

Put this in the _config.php file:

SSViewer::set_theme('khakikraze');

Visit your homepage and flush the cache. ( ?flush=1 )

It's here:
http://doc.silverstripe.com/doku.php?id=themes

Jack Harry Bill

Community Member, 2 Posts

27 January 2008 at 10:36pm

OK I have a similar problem, I cannot get anything other than Black Candy theme to work. I have added 2 themes gecko and pluralism to try out. Edited _config.php - putting this:

SSViewer::set_theme('gecko');

in every possible place in the file.

I have done ?flush=1 on the home page and in cms/admin just in case and nothing, zilch, nada it refuses to change. Anyone with any ideas would be much appreciated as I am at a loss what to try next.

Oh yes I have shut down the browser, tried a different one, anda different computer all with the same result.

Jack Harry Bill

Community Member, 2 Posts

28 January 2008 at 12:24am

Thanks a million wojtek - you were right I was editing the wrong config file. I hadn't found that one but I was sure there would be a simple explanation.

Thanks again

rallion

Community Member, 1 Post

26 February 2008 at 10:57pm

Edited: 26/02/2008 11:01pm

I can't find a _config.php file in the mysite folder?

I've re downloaded v2.2.1 to check against the copy I have on my machine and neither have a _config.php.

Am i supposed to create a_config.php file and insert the code to point to the correct theme?

Feel i'm missing something so simply here, but can't figure out what. So any help would be appreciated.

thanks

DHN

Community Member, 23 Posts

26 February 2008 at 11:29pm

Rallion... If you choose the tutorial template when installing, your _config.php file is in the tutorial folder and not in the mysite folder. :)

Sigurd

Forum Moderator, 628 Posts

29 February 2008 at 4:08pm

Hey thanks guys. It's really cool to see threads like this where people who have come into the open source community over the past 12 months are helping each other out!

velvetmonster

Community Member, 1 Post

1 December 2008 at 7:30pm

I tried to change the theme on the tutorial _config file and got 404ed. I tried reinstalling to get back to the original _config file, but it preserved the old, non-functional one. What is the current config file? Can you paste the script?