Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

SilverStripe showcase added

Go to End

3 Posts   2431 Views

Sigurd

Forum Moderator, 628 Posts

16 July 2007 at 11:27pm

Something we've planned for a while is for forum members to show off their work in a more organised way. If you're logged in you can go to your 'my profile' link and 'add a project' to your portfolio. Or you can just click here;
http://www.silverstripe.com/ForumMemberProfile/addproject/

You can then view every website made, at, http://www.silverstripe.com/showcase.

In time we'll make the showcase more feature rich, but for the moment, start uploading your work! :)

Thanks to Will Rossiter for coding up this feature on our site...

( and I will consider whether we should dilute the effort by retaining this forum, after I go to bed! :P )

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

17 July 2007 at 4:17pm

There is a couple minor css issues with the layout of the gallery. (eg the text should be on the right of each image).. I'll see to it tomorrow.

Sig - I think having the forum as well is a pretty good idea. It provides a nice place to chat about the designs and people can ask questions relating to a site. So yeah I think we should keep it. Overtime I think a couple features we could add is like some sort of tagging/categorys (if tons of sites start coming along), rating sites and maybe some sort of rss feed for the showcase.

Sigurd

Forum Moderator, 628 Posts

17 July 2007 at 4:19pm

Sweet, sounds fine to me.